WTH Really? Water milky within minutes.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm downstairs switching laundry from washer to dryer and suddenly I get sprayed with water from the celing. Shout out to my son up stairs who is in the shower. This gets my roomates attention who happens to be looking at the 25g tank and inspecting for any aiptasia.

Spend about 15 minutes figuring out what the leak is and then I head over to the 25g to finish the feeding that I had started and find the tank completely clouded up, to the point of not being able to see the circ pumps on the back glass and my nem pulling back under his rock.

Reached my hand in and found no signs of nem pieces on either ph, no signs of problems. ran quick ph and ammonia tests and found no problems. Fish all swimming around, no signs of heavy breathing, corals all still out and extended but can't see into the tank.

Google said possible nem "cleaning itself out"? WTH is that?

Tank this morning (with no lights on) still cloudy but about half as bad. Fish in there normal sleeping positions. At work still so I can't tell you where its at now but I thought I'd start this up and see what y'al knew.

any ideas?

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you think your big nem excreted something? I know its hard to see but is there any livestock missing that the nem could have eaten?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I could see all but one of the fish in the tank. I know it started in the 25g cuz it was thick as a mixture of 50/50 milk/water. The diamond goby never even stopped shifting through the sand. The red nem stayed full and extended. The green one went from 12" apx to golf ball in about 10 minutes...

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you using Biopellets? At the DARC meeting Will from Premier was talking about how the bacteria in a customers tank exploded just like that, skimmer was going nuts, took a few days for it to clear. It was the bacteria multiplying at lightening fast rate

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No biopellets. Nothing changed in the last 6 monthsish. Got home from work. Totally clear. All three nems look great. Looks like nothing happened. One fish mia but hes a hider. Have to run to son's baseball game but will look for him when I get back to feed.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
nope. Just looking. He went on this aiptasia hunt about a month ago and has still been on patrol just in case. Nothing was added, everyone except my son was in the basement looking at the leak. Was real odd I tell ya. Me thinks he just farted.

Oh, mia fish is accounted for.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;97199 said:
The nem, or the boy? Those would be some peculiar farts.
Had to be the nem. if the boy farts white milky he's going to therapy....

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a maxi mini do this in a pico I had set up. You could just see this milky stuff pouring out of it. All the research I did said everything was probably gonna die of course but all was fine. It actually did it 3 nights in a row.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Luckily, not a single casualty. Honestly it could have happened a thousand times and I might have never noticed as it was totally clear by the next day. no change in anything, zoas never closed, leathers stayed open, acans all poofy, fish ate. odd really.