1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

YAID - Yet Another ID, please!

Discussion in 'Zoanthid Identification - ZOA IDs' started by lesserwhirls, Feb 12, 2015.

1. lesserwhirls

lesserwhirls Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hi all,

These are hitchhikers from some live rock that I got from the LFS. I've been calling them "fuglys #1" (I have two unknowns, both 'fugly'). Tonight I was playing around with my Canon XS for the first time with my tank and have come to appreciate their subtlety. Any idea what they are?

[​IMG]

Thanks for any feedback!

2. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D.

Zoanthids [emoji16]

3. lesserwhirls

:) true that, but fugly zoas just doesn't roll of the tongue so well *laughs* Or maybe it does?

4. charleshardy5

charleshardy5 Amphipod

Might give them a chance. May just need to color back up I'd they were out of direct light. Look like the have potential to be something cool

5. lesserwhirls

Yeah, I'm not getting rid of them or anything like that. I kinda like the light blue speckled ring by the lashes. Just curious if this morph had a better name than fugly :)