Yay!! Good news!!!

As of today I have added 15 more Dwarf horses to my breeding stock!!!

Now for the bad/good news, My live brine shrimp and copepod cultures just tanked (no pun intended :) ) and Ive had to start anew, Unfortunately, dwarfs have to eat daily or they can starve very fast, so in a panic I stuck some frozen brine in the tank. Amazingly enough a few of my males snapped up the dead brine! (which they are said to refuse) SO hopefully I can add a few dead brine every day hoping that they will catch on!

My biggest concern here is my live food cultures, so I started anew, I have 2 10gal tanks with corner filters for the copepods and brine, the copepods tank is full of macroalgae and plants with a sandy bottom, the brine tank is bare, so my question here is how could I improve on these culture tanks and how would I culture mysid shrimp as well? (Mysids are said to be cannibalistic so I've left them alone) I feed the brine and copepods spirulina powder and try to keep the water changed. Ideas?

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow you have a lot of patience. Seems like a lot to keep horses alive and happy.

they are really hardy and easy, its just the fact that they need live food thats hard. It seems to be hard for me to keep their food cultures going well

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Call keys they keep live rotifers and tiggers on hand for a killer price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are they keeping them alive yet? LOL....seems like every time I stop in, someone feed them too much and crashes them.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hit or miss them guys smoke way to much. Last time I was there they had a good batch of live rotifers.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I called yesterday... they said they don't have any pods on hand now but should by the end of the week. Didn't ask about rotifers though.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I kept a culture of rotifers going for over a year that I acquired from Keys. I just let it die off a few weeks ago.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
nah, it's easier to just go to keys and get a $5 bag to start another one.
I left the jar bubbling so there is still a possibility of restarting the culture from the resting cysts that should have
been produced.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Keys Island.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk