1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Yes, photography

Discussion in '"Umm, Photography?"' started by daskibum, Feb 6, 2016.

1. daskibum

daskibum Copepod

Wrote a bit in the intro forum mentioning photog, and everyone mentioned photography back. Since its another thing I dabble in, I found my way here when I should be researching setting up a tank but its not here yet so I figured show off some stuff. :D Self taught, been playing with it since 2006 or so and shoot mostly nature stuff. Not amazingly great at it, but decent enough. If I don't kill the tank it should be fun stuff to shoot. Just a few random shots. The jeep is one of the 2 moneypits we own... always another mod to add.

Fourthwind likes this.
  2. daskibum

daskibum Copepod

Also building a 500px site, but only up to 2011... very little recent stuff (think a few from 2014 in yellowstone in there).

https://500px.com/jellis

3. neil82

neil82 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Some really cool pics! Nice work and thanks for sharing!!

4. reef dummy

reef dummy Copepod

From a fellow keeper and photographer, nice work!

5. reef dummy

reef dummy Copepod

Jeep effing autocorrect

6. rjl45

rjl45 Copepod

Cool pics. Like the hawk. It's photos like that, that always make me want a stronger telephoto lens!

7. daskibum

daskibum Copepod

Thanks.

Reef Dummy, nice. What are you running? The one pictured we completely gutted and rebuilt. Its a beast.

8. Walter White

Walter White Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Really nice!
    I started into photography more seriously less than a year ago when I bought my first dslr and now it's all I want to do. Looking forward to getting some tips from you.

What do you shoot with?

9. daskibum

daskibum Copepod

Currently a Nikon D750. I started on a D70 back in like 05 or 06, moved up to a D300, and when it didn't look like they would update it went to a D750. Lenses I have a 28mm 2.8, 35mm 2.0, 50mm 1.8, 80-200 2.8 and 300F4 along with a Sigma 10-20 EX (which being EX doesn't work well on the D750). Along with that have a few extension tubes, and a 2X teleconverter. Of course now they update the D300 with a D500 but... I figure half the time I shoot wildlife, half the time landscape so its a tradeoff either way between full frame and crop. If you ever have questions, ask away. :)