Your opinion wanted on new clams

Tinyreef

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Received 2 maxima today from LA. Ordered ultra blue/turquoise. What I received in my opinion is not ultra, blue, or turquoise. What do you think? are these ultra clams?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
They were $115 each unfortunately
That actually a fairly decent price. Looks like a decent sized clams, and see clams like that around $100 range. So while you didnt get what you were expecting its not all that bad imo.
Of course if you decide you dont want it, I would be happy to rehome it for you ;)

I will say that ime, the colors of clam can change dramatically based on what lighting they are under. I have bought several clams over the years that looked one color under the dealers lights and then I get it home and its a totally different color under my lights. I bought one big maxima at vegas macna a few years back, that looked red and pink under the dealers lights, got it home and it was teal and purple under my lights

Tinyreef

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not the clam in the middle the two little turds off to the left side.
Large clam is a derrasa. Got it at petco 6-8 months ago for $59. Grows crazy fast. Thats what got me into clams

Tinyreef

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not really with the flow turned off and a good straight down view they have some gold shimmer in there and decent patterns. I would call them gold maximas. The more I look at them the more I like them, cool clams just not what I expected.