Zeovit reators

andrew

Butterfly Fish
What is a Zeovit reactor and what does it do. I know somewhat that it something with zeoliths bacteria and it somehow provides very stable low nutrient water conditions. Are these worth having and in anyone's experience, do you need one to keep healthy water condtions if your really into growing SPS's?

I don't use one on my SPS tank, and I feel all my corals are really growing and are colorful. That's my opinion and my tank everyone's tank is different some have problems with high nutrients and some don't. I guess I'm a lucky one without that problem :) I use just a well established refugium, sometimes my GFO reactor when needed, water changes, and 2 part dosing. Just my two cents :)

I forgot to say I use a very good and probably a little oversized for my tank protein skimmer as well :)

andrew

Butterfly Fish
thank you and has anyone that has used before, are they even worth it? from reading what dirty fish said they are very useful, im thinking about getting one

Read intoit more some of its uses are snake oil, but can help with cloudy or debris in water column.
I dunno lots of cash for a not so proven method.
Really depends what ir addressing in ur tank.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im probably way off but I thought I remebered reading somewhere the that gist of it is the idea that if the nutrients in the water column are low enough the corals would rely more heavily on photosynthesis for food thereby altering or in some way increase the zooxanthellae which give the coral its color.

I'm probably wrong though and there is probably much more to it. I see many amazing sps dominated systems that are not using it so it does seem to me to be a little hyped up.

andrew

Butterfly Fish
I think what it does is sucks the life out of the tank and to get phos and nitrate down to zero. then you put zeo food back into to the tank so the corals dont starve ! Lol i kinda wanna try this, buts sounds expensive and is not totally proven its just based on observations.