clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dang, I already voted but would be in for the 30+ per

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe keep a list in the first post of which members are in on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would think we'd need to count full polyps - with skirts, then use babies to break ties.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I dig it it Scott!!! We have talked about this several times with one of our vendors who wanted to donate the frags just never pulled the trigger. Let me know if you would like me to help you get that hooked up.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I'm in, I just started a zoa garden in my tank today, 'bout glued my fingers together 5 times. lol

bsharpe

Okay so are you guys saying that we buy one large colony and then split it up? All the same kind? I think it would be entertaining if we just picked our own, but whatever works.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, we want to start with the same polyps. It'll be interesting to see what tanks grow faster, is it lighting, position, etc...

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Chad, I'll hit you up, maybe you can be the impartial Russian judge! Unless of course, you enter!

bsharpe

jda123;293205 said:
If tubbs blues, watermelons, pinwheel and eagle eyes aren't too boring, I could probably come up with 50+ that somebody could divvy up for free.

FWIW, if you really want some growth, Space Monsters are the fastest growing zoas that I have ever seen.
This sounds generous, none of those are boring to me.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seems like we're shooting for higher end. I know the voting was skewed - I plan on getting a final vote from each participant. Ideally we make it in-expensive, and still come up with a nice Zoa to kick off the contest with.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got a particular zoa in mind, and am working to find out if we can get single frags easily.

We're at 10 people now, I figure we can get another 5 or so. Do we each want to kick in say $5 ontop of the frag cost for the winner? That'll put the pool around $75 (assuming 15 growers).

Last edited by a moderator:

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok kids, get signed up, I'm likely going to have to cap it at 15. I'll announce the zoa we'll be using very soon, and I'm guessing there will be NO complaints!! :)

We'll finalize rules, and pickups as well.