Zoas Don't Need Water

B-Willz

Angel Fish
I bought Wiricks frag tank about a week and a half ago. I filled it with water yesterday, and while cleaning up tonight I just threw the egg crate that he gave me in the tank. I looked in the tank a couple of hours later and there are some zoanthids that seem to be coming back to life. They are not open yet and I will keep an eye on them to see what happens.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No way didn't happen...

Pics brah... hahah

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;102512 said:
No way didn't happen...

Pics brah... hahah
+1!!!!!

120greefman

It's true. Zoas that live in tide pools pretty much are at mercy of high tide/low tide. It's amazing they can do that and survive and yet at the same time get ****ed off at something in my tank and melt.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was there when the transfer of corals happened, if those things open up then you're dang good. Pretty sure we moved all the live stuff to the tank. You might get yourself some free mohawks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had totally dry zoas on a frag rack come back, like a month later, radioactive dragon eyes.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Willz;102508 said:
I bought Wiricks frag tank about a week and a half ago. I filled it with water yesterday, and while cleaning up tonight I just threw the egg crate that he gave me in the tank. I looked in the tank a couple of hours later and there are some zoanthids that seem to be coming back to life. They are not open yet and I will keep an eye on them to see what happens.
wicked demon;102553 said:
I have had totally dry zoas on a frag rack come back, like a month later, radioactive dragon eyes.
pics or it didn't happen

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got some rock that had sat out overnight in winter and zoas survived the freeze. The only way to kill the damn things is water too clean.