Zoo pics

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So as many of you know i was gone for 6 weeks. I am extremely fortunate to have an internship with the Albuquerque Zoo's vet clinic so here are a few of the animals i got to work with.

Temple viper, getting x rayed for eggs

Wolf's Guenon monkey getting a birth control implant

Feeding peanuts to my favorite orang, Mammala

Emerald green tree boa being euthanized for having inclusion body disease. Its a highly contagious viral disease that effects boas and mambas. This poor guy was so messed up from the disease.

Rock hyracs, closest living relative to elephants. You can see their little tusks in this picture.

13 ft long saltwater croc at lunch time

Wombat, we are the only facility to have the common wombat in the US

Tree kangaroo getting weighed after an eye check up. She had both her lenses removed last summer.

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
King cobra enjoying lunch, 15 ft long

Slow loris, i love these guys. They have some of the coolest hands.

Echidna! Sticking its tongue out as us, guess she didnt like her drugs

Our elephants! Baby is 2 years old and taller than i am! I always had a hard time understand how truly big elephants were until i had to measure drugs for them.

Another feathered pest

Zebras

Buck the giraffe

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
The temple viper pic looks like a mangrove snake.

Wombats are one of my favorites. Was it tame?

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tully, one of our gorillas

Baby Reese! Is such a ham

Flamingos

This is not a baby flamingo, this is Scarlet Ibis

Baby snow leopard, i got to hold these guys when they were babies last summer!

Marlina, my second favorite big cat.

Bertha, one of my beloved rhinos.

Baby blubber slug!

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munchak deer. He wont get any bigger than this. They are omnivores and have fangs. Really sweet little dude

And saving the best for last . . . .

Sea snakes. ya thats right, i said it, sea snakes. We are only place in the world to have them and i got to touch them. Scared the crap out of me, their fangs are so small you would never know if you got bit, and we have no anti-venom.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very cool!

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
brent ward;102341 said:
The temple viper pic looks like a mangrove snake.

Wombats are one of my favorites. Was it tame?
Crap you are right, that is a mangrove snake. Im not sure how i got that confused. We did have two in QT at the same time.

And he was tame for a zoo critter, but with all our animals there is serious risk of injury. She would get pretty beat up when we had to catch them up for meds.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use to shoot a lot at zoos. Very familiar with zoo life.

The wombats still look pretty huggable!

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;102352 said:
Nice pics and thanks for excluding the giraffe red rocket you spoke of lol
giraffe red rocket? im not sure what you are talking about, all i can think of is an episode of south park but that was a dog . . .

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
little_fish;102358 said:
giraffe red rocket? im not sure what you are talking about, all i can think of is an episode of south park but that was a dog . . .
I missed that one but probably the same thing lol. Read his fathers day post :p think it's in the lounge too

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
brent ward;99495 said:
Went to the zoo, perfect zoo day!

Well except for the big male giraffes red rocket out in full force. Must be mating season. Always fun to see clueless moms faces who aren't paying attention realize once all the questions start pouring in from the little ones.
there lol