AquaC Remora Hang-On Protein Skimmer + Maxi-Jet 1200 Pro Pump Question

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
How much space is needed inside the tank to fix the Maxi-Jet 1200 when it is connected to the AquaC Remora Hang-On Protein Skimmer?

I'm trying to design a 10G sump and want to maximize my refugium section. The AquaC will probably either drain into the baffles or directly into the refugium.

David

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i measured mine you could actually go a just under those measurements

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;87660 said:
about 4" x 6"
Is that the measurements just for the pump, or the whole skimmer? The pump only has a 3.5 x 2 x 3.25 measurements, but wasn't sure if it had to be situated in a certain way to fit properly. I was only wanting to give 4" to the first baffle since my current skimmer would fit in 3" of space. Maybe I will need to see one setup before making this decision.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
that the size you need inside the tank/fuge for pump and return water ...do you need the outside dimensions as well?

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;87674 said:
that the size you need inside the tank/fuge for pump and return water
I don't need the return water to go back into the same location, so I was only looking for the size requirements for the pump and fittings needed for the pump to fix on the AquaC. I want to pump water from the overflow area into the AquaC Remora and the return will either be on top of the baffles or past the baffles in the sump. More than likely the AquaC will straddle the baffle between the return and refugium having the pump on one side and the return on the other. I guess I also need to know if I can use a longer hose if I decide to do it this way.

dv3;87674 said:
...do you need the outside dimensions as well?
No, I already have those measurements from the manufacturer.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well i guess you would just need it to be as big as the pump then ...i extended my hose a few inches with no problems