Basement sump question

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
As my next upgrade i want to install a basement sump but i have a couple questions for those that have them.

1. Ive seen the rubbermaid farm trough set ups, is there any dissavantage to those? What else does everyone use?

2. I dont know what size tank or pump i will end with but I would like to put the piping in first, can i just run 1 1/2" and not worry about under/oversizing?

Any pics of your set ups i would love to see.

Thanks.

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice setup. I do worry with the rubbermaid that i wouldnt be able to look in and make observations? With yours you get to see everything going on.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Basement sump question

Yeah I really enjoy the way I have mine setup it's a little more work to keep clean but well worth it. I would highly recomend using a reeflo pump it will save you a lot in electricity

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Basement sump question

I have a 125 glass sump i built myself on mine thats not running yet but i liked the idea of glass just because if i want to reconfigure or move the baffles i can.

jagermeister

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I went with the horse trough sump, mainly because of price. My plumbing back up to the display tank is 1.5" flex pvc.

I started with a Pan World 150ps pump which had plenty of power. I've since added two frag tanks and a calcium reactor and upgraded to a Pan World 200ps which provides flow to all the tanks and the reactor with plenty of power.