BPreefer's 125 build

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well it has finally begun , I have gone from a 28g nano cube, to a 75g to my current build which will be a 125g. I have torn down both of the other tanks so I can take my time and concentrate on doing this right the first time. So this will probably be a slow and boring build thread.

Equipment list:

- 125g glass tank with black silicone.
- Glass holes overflow 1500gph(2x1.5) drains.
- Water blaster hy7000 (1800gph).
- Oceans motions 4 way.
- Stand and canopy (1.5"square steel tube).
- 3 Ai sol (super blue)
- 4 80watt t5.
- Filtration will be through a custom acrylic sump (40x18x14)
- Vertex omega 150 skimmer
- Vertex zeo reactor
- Lifereef lcr1 calcium reactor

Here are some pics of the stand in the process of being built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Need to finish up bracing and she's ready for primer and paint.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

You should look Brian up if you are wanting to build a steel stand. Great work. More pics to come.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

...edit change of plans on lighting

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait. Those heat sinks are sweet. Rally thinking about using those for my build. They are a bit more expensive than other heat sinks, but they come with a lot of things other heat sinks don't.

Can't wait to see this build come along.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

cdrewferd;214871 said:
Can't wait. Those heat sinks are sweet. Rally thinking about using those for my build. They are a bit more expensive than other heat sinks, but they come with a lot of things other heat sinks don't.

Can't wait to see this build come along.
There way cheaper when you get them as Christmas gifts. Lol I would have bought them regardless , I like the fact that if you don't like where the LEDs are positioned that you can rearrange everything pretty easy. Also add a very finished look to a diy project.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

Well I got bored waiting for new parts to show up, so I thought I'd add some pics of my frag tank setup holding what's left of my livestock.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: BPreefer's 125 build

Dang Brent looks like you have some nice zoa/paly colonies in there man!!! Those will be sweet members of the new tank!!! Now bring on the tank already slacker!!!!!

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

CRW Reef;215920 said:
Dang Brent looks like you have some nice zoa/paly colonies in there man!!! Those will be sweet members of the new tank!!! Now bring on the tank already slacker!!!!!
Thanks Chad, nothing compared to your garden. As soon as I get the stand I will get some pics of the tank. Still need to drill it. Just trying to work up the nerve. Lol

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: BPreefer's 125 build

Looking forward to seeing this all set up Brent.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

Going to use this beast for the return. It is a water blaster 7000.

Going to drill the overflows and use the glass holes 1500gph overflow kit.

Here is the zeovit reactor I am using.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Subscribed. Looking forward to seeing this come together, and I really like the idea of a steel stand. How do you end up attaching the face/panels of the cabinet? Do you just use brackets?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BPreefer's 125 build

I just finished installing the water blaster 7000 on my 120. Pushes way more h2o than my mag 18 and much quieter! Just a slight hum and 1/2 the power usage. Hopefully it will have the added advantage of less heat in the summer. Your build looks good!

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

jahmic;215985 said:
Subscribed. Looking forward to seeing this come together, and I really like the idea of a steel stand. How do you end up attaching the face/panels of the cabinet? Do you just use brackets?
I'm going to use magnets, so all panels are removable. Complete under tank access.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

michael.lemke;215986 said:
I just finished installing the water blaster 7000 on my 120. Pushes way more h2o than my mag 18 and much quieter! Just a slight hum and 1/2 the power usage. Hopefully it will have the added advantage of less heat in the summer. Your build looks good!
I have heard many good things, great to hear that it is working well for you. I was hoping it was as quiet as everyone said and I love the energy savings and warranty.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer;215987 said:
I'm going to use magnets, so all panels are removable. Complete under tank access.
Brilliant. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind if I decide to do a bigger build.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer's 125 build

Stand done, now time for paint.
Stand is 73"(l)x25"(w)x38.5(t). Made of 1.5" square tubing with 1/8" wall.