1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Currant USA 3x 150w halide fixture (for parts)

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by kchristensen8064, Mar 22, 2020.

1. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I have this halide fixture that I acquired, I was going to try and rebuild it, but decided on going another route. I'm just giving it away for someone to use for parts, although a frag or 2 would not be turned away. I know 2 of the halide ballasts are working. I can't remember on the florescents. Has glass and reflectors. If anyone wants to salvage parts from this, it's yours. First picture is just one I found online of the same fixture assembled. 0519192301.jpg 20181223_100614.jpg 20181223_104822.jpg 20181223_135551.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I'd like one of the ballasts, but I don't want to dispose of the rest.

3. kchristensen8064

I can probably do that.

4. kchristensen8064

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I wonder how hard it would be to add the T5 retrofits in there? I always thought the PC's were hard to replace...

6. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I would think you could just use a t5 retro from let. The actual ballast they use is smaller than work horse ballast(pc was notorious for work horse ballast)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

7. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

ya, i bet a retrofit kit would fit nicely in that