Demos

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok time to dial in the demos!!!!

Dane do you want to still do an acrylic gluing demo? Maybe the look down boxes like we discussed? If we need to buy some acrylic to do this demo as well as buy extras for a handful of people to try and make a few, let's plan to do so.

Also looks like both the apex setup and the calcium reactor ideas are out. Do we want to do a Reef Keeper Lite setup demo? I have a video camera we can hook to my projector so we show the steps on a big screen since there is not net interface that I am aware of other than the myreef 2.0 setup which I guess we could do as well or in lieu of.

Thoughts?

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Demos

I can do the demo. I think the easiest way would be to buy a cylinder, instead of a 5 sided box. I just don't see how we would have the time otherwise. I think the last time I checked at PlastiCare, a 60" X 4" cyl was about $130 If we did 2" tall viewers, we could get about 25 out of one cylinder. If we want to go this rout, I'll check with my CNC guys to see if they will cut me the viewing panel so I can have it all polished before hand. This would take a while to demo, you figure a 10 minute explanation of what's going to happen, a couple minutes per viewer to weld, clamp it in a fixture. Unless we had a couple people helping at the same time, this could easily take 1 1/2 hours if we had enough takers to do all 25.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ya crap...... We don't have an hour and a half we have 30 mins give or take. What about we glue one up and sell some sets including glue for fold to try and make their own on their own time?

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wouldn't mind coming up with a different Demo. Let's try to think of something else, that isn't so involved.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
OK fine Dane sheeeeesssssssshhh :)

Ok so what some other thoughts? Other Alternative is we scratch all demos and find 2 more local speakers. Just as an FYI we offered Rob Brynda $300 in compensation which included the per deim and the honorarium.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Sounds fair for rob. Btw did I miss the thread where we agreed on that amount? I'm fine with it but we need to be sure the bod agrees /votes larger expenditures.

IMO The demo could run longer if it needs to........

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
No you didn't miss the thread as there is not one. We discussed the cost of the speakers at the BOD meeting with no challenges and you suggest the amounts so that is what we paid ($50 and $250). I do agree we should vote on larger expenditures as policy though - sorry for the lapse on this one. Hopefully there are no challenges since we virtually approved $1200-$1500 to fly in 1 speaker, so we are getting a bargain here lol.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I agree but just want to document it and give the bod a chance to discuss as needed.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's not a very sexy demo, but I could do a kalkwaser demo. Premixed vs reactor, tuning etc.