Elite Bad Experience

Went to get a Convict Tang there and the people were really helpful but had a bad experience once I got home. They said they had one of the Convicts in the back. I specifically asked if he was healthy and he said he was very healthy. They bagged him up and didn't really get to see him until I got home. As soon as I looked at him still in the bag you could see that he had very bad scars and fin disease and he was still in the ich bath that they pulled from there quarantine tank(blue water). I called right back asking him if I could bring him back. They said I would have to wait until the owner was back at the store a week later. I have a quarantine tank (50gal cube) and decided that I would wait until Tuesday to bring him back because I had no choice. I drip acclimated him and tested my parameters before I put him in. He looked very rough. I woke up the next morning to him looking even worse. I called again asking if i could bring him in that day and they said I still have to wait. I told them I didn't think the fish was going to make it until then. They said they couldn't do anything for me. Later that day the fish started swimming all crazy and died about a hr later. Tuesday hit I called and the owner wasn't in so I got nothing as reimbursement. Very disappointed....

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
aquariumguy48;344866 said:
Went to get a Convict Tang there and the people were really helpful but had a bad experience once I got home. They said they had one of the Convicts in the back. I specifically asked if he was healthy and he said he was very healthy. They bagged him up and didn't really get to see him until I got home. As soon as I looked at him still in the bag you could see that he had very bad scars and fin disease and he was still in the ich bath that they pulled from there quarantine tank(blue water). I called right back asking him if I could bring him back. They said I would have to wait until the owner was back at the store a week later. I have a quarantine tank (50gal cube) and decided that I would wait until Tuesday to bring him back because I had no choice. I drip acclimated him and tested my parameters before I put him in. He looked very rough. I woke up the next morning to him looking even worse. I called again asking if i could bring him in that day and they said I still have to wait. I told them I didn't think the fish was going to make it until then. They said they couldn't do anything for me. Later that day the fish started swimming all crazy and died about a hr later. Tuesday hit I called and the owner wasn't in so I got nothing as reimbursement. Very disappointed....
Trust me I know what you are talking about I had a bad experience to i never went back , I'm sorry if some one doesn't like this but that's my opinion , BTW sorry for your lost it sucks

mbjnt

Turbo Snail
You know, with their new location I thought, let's go check it out. Support local. When got there, the employees are chain smoking right outside the door. Being asthmatic I never find that OK. Not to mention do not like to having it exposed to my child. Nice shop inside, but with them doing such a non-professional move like that, they still are at the bottom of my list for places to go.