Fish babysitting?

Vance

Angel Fish
So this is probably a long shot, but I have a large beautiful Australian harlequin tusk and I would like to add a lionfish. The tusk how ever has other ideas, she makes it almost impossible to get even aggressive feeders weaned off live food. She is not aggressive by any means but ALL food that enters the tank is hers.

Would anyone be willing to give her a temporary home for a month or two? I assume this is a question better directed to our vendors as the average home reef probably isn't the best for her, she has a taste for smaller snails, shrimp, and crabs.

Thanks in advance.

Vance

Vance

Angel Fish
She (is a wrasse technically a he ) is in a 125 now and eats about three 1/2 inch chunks of food twice a week. Food being whatever I get from the seafood counter at king soopers, fish, clams, shrimp... Doesn't matter little piggy eats it. She is very docile, doesn't pick on anyone, but will steal food right out of the mouth of anything, and vegi clip...

That is not a bad idea with the egg crate, I did not think of that, my only concern is she will get cramped and jump. Do tusks jump like other wrasses? She has never done much more than jaws style dorsal fin cutting out of the water.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vance;363278 said:
That is not a bad idea with the egg crate, I did not think of that, my only concern is she will get cramped and jump. Do tusks jump like other wrasses? She has never done much more than jaws style dorsal fin cutting out of the water.
I haven't heard of them being jumpers, but you could put another piece of egg crate over the top of her section.