Floating Rock Wall

After a few months of everything settling, the foam rock wall is doing great. Low magnesium was not allowing my mangroves to transfer in well, so once I got on top of my levels they have shot roots down and are sprouting leaves now.

Next step is a foam rock wall that will sit on top of the back of the AIO chamber, which will hold small tropical air plants and succulents to mimic the shore of a rocky lagoon. This will give the false illusion of a much larger interconnected ecoscape and make the tank look less like a box and more like a living natural sculpture. Pictures of that to come soon, same build process as previously shown, this rock wall just wont be submersed and will serve as the backdrop for the mangroves.

Mangroves are nice and healthy and put out there first leaves after killing a few shipments. Low magnesium = mangrove death in higher salinity. The lower the mag the lower their ability to export salt... learned this one the hard way.

Weekly water changes with quality salt after target feeding, regular testing/monitoring of levels (calcium/mag/alk/ph/salinity/temp), and my tank has regained their color and health. Corals are all full, happy and showing noticeable growth.