Freakin glass!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I've spent a good 5 hours cleaning it and it looks like utter crap. I completed the stand and am ready to put water in it but it looks horrible! I'm afraid I will set it up and want to rip it down again. I painted the back black and the trim as well. Buffing it might work you think Heffe?

[attachment=61390:name]

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would think it should work. Maybe test it on one side that you wouldnt mind painting to make sure it doesnt scratch the glass. Have you tried a razorblade? Other options I could think of would be to try moistening salt with vinigar to make a paste and applying that so it can sit for a while and react. Or try some of that glass stove top cleaner (be carefull though cause it is kind of abraisive).

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still say soak it over night in the bath tub with Cascade, then if it works you can clean it really good again with Vinager. I have used cascade to clean may forms of glass. Key is hot water and let it soak like a mofo. Plus add a small pump of some sort.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
those pictures are after CLR, razors, magic erasers, scouring pads. I even let the CLR "soak" for 45 minutes by pouring it on a side then leaving paper towels soaks in it sit on it and it did nothing. Worst glass I've ever seen really lol. Not sure if it's salt, or what it is. It's just white stain on the glass on the outside and some on the inside. I nightmare really. Oh well I will just put water in it and have an ugly tank...

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Original tooth paste and orbital sander with polishing pad will only take about 20 min tops

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heffe01;158183 said:
If nothing else works you could bring it over here and we could try to buff it out with some 3M buffing pads.
does that thing just go on a drill or you need a special machine for it?

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Goes on a car buffer...the pads are just foam. The best thing to use would probably be regular wax. Or we can try a buffing compound. Swing by sometime if you want to give it a go.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you take it over to Heffe's let me know I have a few things we could try on it as well. I am only a few blocks from him wouldnt mind going over to try it out.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Probably look like the scene from airplane where they are all lined up to try n calm that chick down lol everyone lined up with bottles, scrapers buffers lol

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
eh thanks for the offers but I already set up the tank lol well putting the water in it now but I filled it up to see how the plumbing went earlier and yeah it looked like crap but I gave up lol. The set up looks great it's just the ugly glass and I will try to ignore it. I only cared so much since it's in my living room. If it was in the basement or somewhere else I wouldn't care.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blame it on MARK !!!!!!!!