Free!!!

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I picked up this tank (75 gallonish) from jack and I thought I would use as a qt but turns out I have enough space. I am going to set this tank free again DBTC style. So please if you ever get rid of it post it for free in the club. I am doing this in the members section so it might actually happen.

Note the 40 breeded on top does not go with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
What size is that bad boy? Im looking for a bigger qt

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hadn't said anything as I've had plenty of help and such. If you can't seem to find anyone in a couple weeks when you bring my 125 up I suppose you could bring it with? Would solve the place to cook some rock and/or play QT/Macroalgae/pod production.

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
i am acually thinking about learning how to drill tanks and put on overflows if it was ok i could try it out on this tank and then it would be a RR tank if it worked?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
kutcha;275496 said:
i am acually thinking about learning how to drill tanks and put on overflows if it was ok i could try it out on this tank and then it would be a RR tank if it worked?
Im pretty sure most tanks (20 gallons and above) are built with tempered glass and tempered glass cannot be drilled. I know for a fact the bottoms are always tempered, which is where most reefers like thier bulkhead holes to be drilled, but Im not 100% sure about the sides. Drilling through the side of the tank for a bulkhead does not draw water the same way as it does when its in the bottom, its a gauranteed siphon this way. I may be wrong, but I dont think this will work or Mike probably would have already done it.

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;275528 said:
Im pretty sure most tanks (20 gallons and above) are built with tempered glass and tempered glass cannot be drilled. I know for a fact the bottoms are always tempered, which is where most reefers like thier bulkhead holes to be drilled, but Im not 100% sure about the sides. Drilling through the side of the tank for a bulkhead does not draw water the same way as it does when its in the bottom, its a gauranteed siphon this way. I may be wrong, but I dont think this will work or Mike probably would have already done it.
correct the bottoms are tempered 99% of the time that is why it would be a bean animal style overflow

http://www.beananimal.com/projects/silent-and-fail-safe-aquarium-overflow-system.aspx

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had tanks with a bean overflow and they are extremely quite and just about fail proof you would have to have three pipes clogged to have it fail and as the first pipe fails you start getting a toilet flushing sound and if the second pipe clogs the third pipe will be loud so you know the first two are clogged but when the first pipe isnt clogged it is super quite