Gorilla Nipple Zoa frag in honor of the Monkees' Davy Jones

First person willing to pick up in Broomfield this week before Saturday and can name my favorite Monkees song. 1 guess and then let someone else guess and try again. OK if you haven't DBTC'ed before.

Frag has at least 6 polyps. Gorilla nipples are orange/brown unless under actinic/LED and then they have nice bright orange/red skirts (lower right frags).

good one, but no

That was quick, lol. TLSRCS - pm me for pickup

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
my gorilla nipples look way different. Mine have a brown skirt, black disk and orange center.

[attachment=61149:name]

I think I posted awhile back and got the response that it was most likely gorilla nipples - when I went to confirm on coralid, it looked like Reverse Gorilla Nipples. Some of the polyps have orange mouths and some have plain or blueish mouths. I'm not even sure this is the best these zoas can look since I bought them from a guy who had received them in a tank buy, and they were overgrown and just a big brown mess when I brought them home. I have seen the blueish tinge come out last week when I fragged them and stuck some right under my T5's - they seem to be liking it. Maybe they're some super rare species that can fund my retirement, lol.

And my actinics are pretty close to them in that shot. Not to mention, my droid camera is not tuned the way it should be. I was screwing with the settings the other day and this is the best I could do with the focus and white balance. It's pretty close to the real thing, but still not perfect.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
Here is what I have been calling gorilla nipples, they look a little more like Gabe's but are a bit different than both, lol.

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module=Gallery2 here is a link to the coralpedia page for them... so many different morphs its hard to say. but since yours have more of a blue to them I would lean towards something like a fire and ice or alpha omega sim. morph

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
yeah mine went through hell in my last tank with the great aiptasia invasion of 2011... they are just now coming back lol

Yeah, those have alot more blue than mine. Mine have the faintest tinge on the mouth on some of the polyps - the actinics I run plus crappy camera tend to bring it out more than it really is. I wish it did have more blue. Blue is something I'd like to cultivate more of in my tanks.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blue is something I'd like to cultivate more of in my tanks.
wouldnt we all? i got a monti from scchase and its purple with the halides on and with the actnics its bright BLUE! it stands out so much i LOVE IT!

jealous...I might have to try some monti sometime. Just now starting to think about branching out. I got more watts this weekend so I can try more light-lovers.