Identification?

Are either of these Aptasia? I've looked at a bunch of pictures on the web and I'm not really certain. The brown with green center coming out from under the rock is probably less than 1/2" in diameter. The tan ones on the rock are tiny and probably not much more than a quarter inch in height.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Identification?

+1 with Craig, if you want to rid them you can use aiptasia-x to test work great. just turn off water movement during application to ensure you get it covered, next morning their gone. used it with mine vest product

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

no problem hope it helps worked great for me the key was no waste movement for about 10min

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yes they appear to all be on one small rock. It also has some mushroom coral. I may just place it in quarantine until i can deal with it.

Dave

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The first pic looks like nuclear holocaust paly to me.

And not to disagree, but the second pic looks like hydroids to me. Are they all pretty uniformed in shape and size? Do a google search for aphasia and see if what you see looks more like what you have. Hydroids stay small, grow in clusters, and are generally harder to kill, IME. But they are less a PITA and stay pretty localized. Like H2O said, if concentrated on one rock that is easily accessed, get to it sooner rather than later and do it outside the tank if possible.