Innovative marine 30 gallon.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is my IM 30 gallon nuvo that has been up and running for about 6 months. It is kind of a slow build due to a couple minor set backs but the tank is now ready to be stocked. I ran into some nasty gha and a little bit of cyano but its now under control. This is an upgrade from my 3 gallon pico that I had up for a little over 2 years. I'm not really used to keeping larger tanks so its been a learning process. I know a 30 isn't really considered big but it's big to me coming from the pico world.

Current equipment.
•IM 30 gallon
•Kessil a350w with gooseneck
•IM skimmate skimmer
•Vortech mp10wes
•Reef keeper lite
•Avast marine ato

Current livestock
•Halloween urchin (going to a new home soon)
•Bangaii cardinal

On to the pics.

This is when I had an ai on the tank.

That's all I have for now. Hopefully I'm able to start stocking it with some corals soon. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say about the tank. Thanks for looking.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Nice man! How you likin the kessil? Welcome to the forum too!!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Innovative marine 30 gallon.

Looks good! Like the scape!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

Blazinjack;232789 said:
Nice man! How you likin the kessil? Welcome to the forum too!!
I absolutely love the kessil. I have only had it a couple days but its awesome. Great color and it looks great on the tank.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

That rock work is gonna look awesome with sticks growing out of it!!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

Blazinjack;232885 said:
That rock work is gonna look awesome with sticks growing out of it!!
Definitely. I can't wait to get some sps going. I've never really messed with sps so it will be a learning process.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

H2O_intolerant;232904 said:
SPS isn't really that hard, just a little more learning. Why are you getting rid of the urchin?
It's just a little too big for the 30. I have ne'er been huge on gluing my corals down just in case for some reason I have to move it later on and he already moves the few corals I do have from one side of the tank to the other. He might be going to my buddy's 200 gallon.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

What would you guys recommend for fish for this tank? I have an idea of what I want but I'd like some input.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

J.guokas;233026 said:
What would you guys recommend for fish for this tank? I have an idea of what I want but I'd like some input.
What are you looking for? Its mainly a balancing act with what you want to keep and what will work.

Are you looking for a wrasse? Basslets? Gobies? Jawfish? Symbiotic relationships? Dwarf angels? Pipefish? Sea horses?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

H2O_intolerant;233066 said:
What are you looking for? Its mainly a balancing act with what you want to keep and what will work.

Are you looking for a wrasse? Basslets? Gobies? Jawfish? Symbiotic relationships? Dwarf angels? Pipefish? Sea horses?
Well I kind of like pushin the boundaries so I would like some smaller gobies, a wrasse, maybe some clowns. I actually thought about doing a pipe fish as well.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Well, if you really want a heavy bio-load, you'll need to compensate for your small volume of water. I can't (with a clear conscious) advise that though. I see carbon dosing/sulfur reactor/gfo reactor/ maybe some bio-pellets in your future. Aggression might be an issue. The speaker at ReefStock (wish I could remember his name) had a great tip. Try and go for how the fish act in nature. It's not what you keep, it's how you introduce the fish.

I'm getting ahead of myself, small fish would be cool. Just remember that how you introduce the fish is key with your rimless tank.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

H2O_intolerant;233086 said:
Well, if you really want a heavy bio-load, you'll need to compensate for your small volume of water. I can't (with a clear conscious) advise that though. I see carbon dosing/sulfur reactor/gfo reactor/ maybe some bio-pellets in your future. Aggression might be an issue. The speaker at ReefStock (wish I could remember his name) had a great tip. Try and go for how the fish act in nature. It's not what you keep, it's how you introduce the fish.

I'm getting ahead of myself, small fish would be cool. Just remember that how you introduce the fish is key with your rimless tank.
I probably won't go that heavy, that's just me wishing I could've set up my 120. My wife wants clowns so that's a must. I am definitely doing a pair of smaller gobies and ill figure out what else.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I love that urchin!! Lmk if you are looking to sell him. Tank looks great and I would a pair of high end clowns would be sweet with nice nem in there