New to forum

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here for a little bit just checking it out. I started a nano reef (biocube 14) not too long ago but the tank started to leak. I quickly had to move everything to a 10 gallon. I then decided to make my 55g into a reef tank. I just got my custom hood all done with 36 Cree XP series LEDs for lighting. I will post more on that in the build forum, I was also running Crees on my nano. Nice to meet you all.

some pictures of my hood

i used aluminum u channel from Home Depot it comes in 8 foot lengths, I cut it then drilled and tapped 72 #4-40 holes for the LED's

here is the hood with 24 lights total mounted so far 12 Cree XP-E Royal Blue and 12 XP-G R5 Cool White. Moon lights are Lunar Pods for my ReefKeeper.

here are the 24 lit

mounted on the tank with 36 total LED's 18 White 18 Royal Blue.

top view 120mm computer fans are inside the hood one sucking in one blowing out.

14g nano

12 LED array 6 Cree XP-G R5 Cool White and 6 Cree XP-E Royal Blue's mounted to an 8x5.5 heatsink from heatsinkusa.com

ORA Yellow Watchman

Purple Goniopora

Plate Coral

I also have a frag of FFH leptastrea, a couple of Zoanthids, an Acan and a Maxima Clam which will all be getting transplanted into the 55, just dropped some chromis in today to make sure it is completely cycled, I believe it is but just want to be on the safe side.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet tanks and welcome.

Thanks everyone. I started a build thread with more information on what I used and how to connect the ReefKeeper to buckblocks and buckpucks for others wishing to use a controller on their tanks.