QT Setup

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been reading how beneficial QTs are and how annoying and heartbreaking it is to have pests and bugs in your system if you don't quarantine properly so thought I'd give it a try. Here's my basic QT setup. Just a 5.5 gallon from Petco, LED light, a heater, pump, thermometer, air bubbler, a few rock, and a frag tray.

What do you think?

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
reeferpueblo;210039 said:
nice good job !! and 5.5 every one has room for that
Exactly. I'm going to be using this mostly for coral frags. I'm maxed out on fish.

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
RuRoo;210046 said:
Exactly. I'm going to be using this mostly for coral frags. I'm maxed out on fish.
Soon you'll want a 10 gal then 20 then dig a big hole in the backyard aahahahahaha just playing looks good!

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
yOdaddy;210063 said:
Soon you'll want a 10 gal then 20 then dig a big hole in the backyard aahahahahaha just playing looks good!
Ha ha no. I'm good with the 5.5 :)

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good call Ray, I'm picking up my frag tank/qt this friday. All corals will go in there prior to my display so I can watch them.

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
09bumblebee;210896 said:
Good call Ray, I'm picking up my frag tank/qt this friday. All corals will go in there prior to my display so I can watch them.
Sweet. How many gallons will it be?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So im curious...... what if you put something in your QT tank that has a parasite or pest that made it through your dipping procedure? At that point you would potentially infect the whole QT tank ya? So would you just plan to treat the whole tank at that point, toss out the frags of same type, re-dip everything in the tank over and over?

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;210916 said:
So im curious...... what if you put something in your QT tank that has a parasite or pest that made it through your dipping procedure? At that point you would potentially infect the whole QT tank ya? So would you just plan to treat the whole tank at that point, toss out the frags of same type, re-dip everything in the tank over and over?
Yeah pretty much. Better to treat a small tank than your main display tank.