Reefkeeper Lite Assistance

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am new to the controller world and am not sure what I got myself in to!

I have a Reefkeeper Lite Basic, 1 SL1 to monitor temp and pH, 2 PC4's, 1 PB4, NET module, pH probe, and a temp probe.

First and foremost, I can't seem to find any reference to the amount of PC4/PB4 I can control. Any help?

Thinking of picking up a APC to control my 2 - Tunze 6095's and 6150 and the DCI to control my RO Varios 6 return pump. Is this all possible?

I would like the controller to monitor/control my ATO, heater, halides, T5, and LED - along with my skimmer pump and everything listed above.

I know I have gotten in WAY over my head with this, but any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
With a Lite you can control 4 other modules of any combination but no more than 4. Generally that would be an SL1 2 PC4s, and in your case an APC

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
With a Lite you can control 4 other modules of any combination but no more than 4. Generally that would be an SL1 2 PC4s, and in your case an APC
Thanks Scott - I'm assuming a PC4 is considered a "module"?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep other than probes any additional box connected to the main one is considered a module

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well that's quite limited....

NET, 2 PC4's, and SL1 will have to suffice then

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tried running wave pumps with mine. The relay noise going on and off drove me nuts. Also be cautious running high ampere hour lights with them. The power bars can only run so much.

I love mine but all I use them for is pausing pumps to feed, and temperature control running a fan and heater.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
In order to run more modules, can I just swap out the headunit for the RKE?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep though they take a different temp probe as well, everything else is compatible though