RKL and Dosing Gear

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys!
Shopping for dosers.
Was looking at the BRS dosers, but the pics of them appear to have a regular plug on them.
My SL1 module has inputs for "switch A" and "Switch B", but they obviously don't plug into those...
Is there a switch module or something I am missing?
Thanks!
Dave

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SquidBreath;243124 said:
Hey guys!
Shopping for dosers.
Was looking at the BRS dosers, but the pics of them appear to have a regular plug on them.
My SL1 module has inputs for "switch A" and "Switch B", but they obviously don't plug into those...
Thanks!
Dave
Nope, you plug the unit into one of your outlets/pc4 you set that outlet as a timer and turns the pump on and off based on many minutes/ml's you need it to dose. I run several of these on my apex and rke. Work great and are inexpensive.

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh..man...
So the switch ports on the SL1 module are not for controlling dosing pumps? Forgive my ignorance...but...
I have to come up with two free plugs on the power strips? Will the RKL take another power strip? I have the itemp probe...the SL1, NET, and two PC4s. I'm runnin short on plugs. :(

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SquidBreath;243130 said:
Oh..man...
So the switch ports on the SL1 module are not for controlling dosing pumps? Forgive my ignorance...but...
I have to come up with two free plugs on the power strips? Will the RKL take another power strip? I have the itemp probe...the SL1, NET, and two PC4s. I'm runnin short on plugs. :(
Unfortunately no your only allowed 4 modules. Sl1, net, pc4, pc4 is 4 modules. You can run both dosers on 1 outlet but that means your dosing cal and alk the exact same amount. Not ideal

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Might be worth upgrading the head unit to a full Reef Keeper. Im not sure how DA does it, but they will take your RKL head in as trade. Might be worth looking into. Then you can expand to more modules.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you have any duplicates like two lights, heaters, pumps that could be controlled in unison? For example, i have two return pumps that can be ran on one outlet of the pc4. I also have two led lights that have seperate power cords for the white and blue leds. The whites will be connected to one outlet and the blues connected to the other.

DA does have a trade in offer for a RKE head unit.

RKL and Dosing Gear

SquidBreath;243124 said:
Hey guys!
Shopping for dosers.
Thanks!
Dave
Switch a and b on the sl1 are for float switches for a auto top off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk