Seahorses babies

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hahaha stupid horse tricks. I ended up just gently uncovering the one that was buried and sucking him out some. When I left he was happily plugging around

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So here are some pics i took of the baby that died last night. And that is my pinky btw, and my nail is 5/16 of an inch long

I have no idea why that pic is coming up so big . . . sorry

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
i am truly astonished by how many babies of that size came from his pouch. I mean, he was fit to burst, but that just violates the time/space continuum.

Wow, this is kinda like deja vu, i remember thinking the same thing earlier this summer with a baby zebra. Babies, are just strange

I was thinking of getting a couple seahorses for my tank after reading up about them. If anyone has any success hit me up! I just sold my aggressive fishies and am in the process of getting things for the little guys to hitch onto. :)
Brooke

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, the babies wouldnt be ready for sale until they are around 4 months old, and considering i havent successfully managed to collect them so they can be raised you are looking at least 4-5 months from now.

But below, are link to two excellent places to get them from. They come eating frozen, and they all captive breed. They are also state certified facilities, run by extremely friendly staff.

http://seahorsesource.com/

http://seahorse.com/

What every you do, please research the seahorses before you get them. They are not an after thought fish, they need special care compared to your typical saltwater fish.

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Probably not, they really dont like open swimming fish, also i dont think they will get along very well with the clowns, the clowns are going to eat their food long before they do. They have to think about their food, consider it deeply before eating it. Plus, they like to live in herds, so you would about 8 in there and that would way overstock your system.

They can handle the high flow as long as you have lots of hitching posts for them, ie gorgs, algea, nonslick rock. But you cant have any aggressive corals that will sting them if they hitch onto them.

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
They ended up catching some nasty infectious stuff and i couldnt care for them so i gave them away, but they still didnt make it. But im really getting the itch to try them again. That being said, anyone have a small biocube laying around i can buy for cheap?

I learned a lot from the first time i had them, and i would do thing very different the second time and i think i would have much better success with them.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie has a 30 gallon for $40 up for sale right now really good deal

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, ive been working down at the zoo in Albuquerque, in their vet clinic. Its been a little crazy, i haven seen my tank in 6 weeks. But im coming home saturday, so my smiling face will be popping up again. Apparently, my tank has gone wild since ive left and i need to clean house some. That being said, when is the next DBTC meeting planned?

And yes, ill post pictures someday soon.

I have experience raising the fry, I just lost my adult pair recently and I'm killer sad about it. I'd love to raise fry again. I'm in Englewood... I have set ups and everything ready for them. Please let me know, I could give you my number too and you can call or text me when there are more babies or if you have anything else!!! Thanks a bunch!