SteveT's Photo Contest

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
This competition turned out to be fierce! Thank you to everyone who is contributing, I know I really enjoy seeing all the fellow CO reefer pics, and getting to know the tanks behind the faces behind the names behind the screen names!

I loved the points djkms made earlier. Then 280G-reefman confirms it with some pretty sweet shots from a 10 year old camcorder!

I am enjoying all the action so much I think I am going to do this on a monthly basis. I think giving out a few free frags a month is definitely worth getting everyone motivated to take pictures of their tank and learn more about photography. I think I would make it so previous winners would have a 2-3 month grace period before being eligible again, and probably ask them to help me judge while they cant compete. What does everyone think of these ideas? Anything I am missing or forgetting to keep it fair and fun for everyone?

also, I feel left out! With all the pictures I have been snapping with my new lens I felt like I had to share what would be my 2 entries.

Mother colony of cherry charms frag that is on the line!

Miami Hurricane chalice

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Monthly, or even bi-monthly would be sweet. I downloaded the software Kris mentioned so I'll be figuring out how to do post processing. Hopefully I can get another one up before the deadline.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That sounds like a great idea.

You motivated me to dust off the Nikon after an 8 month hiatus from photography. My computer died and I got all nostalgic and started wanting to be in the darkroom again and scoffed at my dslr for a while, lol.

I think it's a great way to keep a lot of people involved and learning about a hobby that's definitely closely intertwined with aquaria. Thanks for putting this together.

I have to do find somewhere to do my post-processing...but should hopefully have pics up before the deadline. Either way...at least I'm shooting again. :)

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
good stuff

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
[attachment=61902:name]

[attachment=61903:name]

Phone pics

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, here's my second. I tried a little post processing on this one.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
^^^ dang drew that Goni is sick!!! Who new there was such cool detail. That from your phone?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Chad. It's actually from my camera. Still contemplating those lenses for my phone.