tired of all the flakes on here

I have been on these forums since 2008, during my time here I have met many knowledgable and trustworthy people. I have bought, traded and sold various items for the hobby. In that time and it seems like over the past 6-7 months the forums have gone down hill. While there are many people that are great and know what they are doing I have found and seen with others experiences and my own. The forums have had a handful of people that seem to take advantage of others on here, commit to something then back out for whatever reason. This is not craigslist people its a small community where we have all for the most part gotten to know each other. The upside is we know who we can trust and who we can't. The one thing I don't like about this forum anymore is the amount of people on here that flake when they commit to meeting up at a certain time, backing out of a deal they committed to without letting the seller know, or I have even had someone knowingly try to sell corals that were not what they stated to make a larger profit. Some of us may have good experiences with one person then the next person may not. I guess thats just how it goes. I would like to see one thing happen here. People stop treating this forum as if it were craigslist and they will never come across the person they are lying to or trying to steal from or wasting their time with. I have had several bad experiences over the past few months and before that hadn't had an issue since I signed up on here. I write this in hopes that everyone takes this into consideration when they bid, buy, trade, help someone out, or whatever it may be that they keep their word and realize that once you commit to something its only right that you hold up your end of the deal. I will never do any type of "business" trading or anything with three members on here because they have failed to do one of the things I have mentioned. I feel I was more then flexible to accommodate their needs while they disregarded mine. I have seen it happen to several other members on here and feel it shouldn't be an issue its a very simple thing to fix with a little thought of others. I know there are always two sides to everyones story something came up financially, they have the flu, left their phone at a buddies, had to work late, had to help a friend, didn't know it wasn't that coral, decided to not buy it because they want to see a couple other places but fail to mention they aren't buying what they said they would. It gets old people!!!! I had the names posted on this but decided to take them down so no arguments start and maybe the guilty people read this and change how they conduct business in the future.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hopefully these are isolated incidents, because the community at large is awesome! I know I had to back out on picking up a DBTC from another member this weekend because of the snow, but I called and let them know and they were very understanding. Like I said this community has been awesome, we all have a few people that have disappointed us, but overall this is a great club!! Keep the faith! :)

So my reputation has received one negative because I voiced my opinion about people needing to step up on here and stand by what they say? bubbarockies do you not understand what the whole point in this buyer seller feedback thread is all about? I think its wrong to give me negative reputation when I am giving input in a thread made for this and I am simply saying what buy seller feedback on experiences I have had. But hey feel free I guess.

Reefermatt they were isolated incidents but three in the past few months all from people not going with what they have agreed to is starting to make me question peoples integrity on here. Just wanted to remind people what the site is all about.

I appreciate the information and perspective, although we all know to exercise caution when dealing with other members we may not know well, and beyond that point Its my belief that if you have a bad experience with that person it's your responsibility to work it out amongst yourself. Very rarely does bring the situation to the public arena of the form do more good than it does bad.