Trident users

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
After a few days running this beast, I’m very pleased w the testing ability of this machine. Question: I bought the dos to work hand in hand w the trident and want to know how everyone likes the ability to have them working together that runs them.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I’m running them together. I waited several weeks before I trusted it but am happy so far. Weird patterns of consumption are being shown. My consumption goes down for a day after a water change for instance. I love that it adjusts to it each day. .3 dkh change over a week seems like a lot now. Lol my colors and growth are better than I’ve ever had! It’s not auto pilot, still requires knowledge, but way closer than anything else has been for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

SeaMonkey

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am still waiting on having the trident control the dos 100% but I am happy with the trident in general. It has definitely shed some light on consumption. I am still trying to figure out how the trident determines how much to adjust the dos up or down. I don't see where you input the tank size so it can calculate what is required to adjust the dos.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I am still waiting on having the trident control the dos 100% but I am happy with the trident in general. It has definitely shed some light on consumption. I am still trying to figure out how the trident determines how much to adjust the dos up or down. I don't see where you input the tank size so it can calculate what is required to adjust the dos.
I wonder if it doesn't need the exact water volume because it would just add some, re-test, and then decide if the values are within your tolerances or not. If not, the Dos doses more, and the process continues until it falls within your preset parameters. If it tests alk being too high, it just skips dosing until it falls on it's own. It seems like the Trident is keeping things within a pretty tight window.

Just speculation on my part, but I think it has to do with how tight the Trident is striving to keep things in your specified window.

SeaMonkey

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
That makes sense. I might set it up and try and just see what happens. I don't think there is much risk in it going way out of line at this point.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I’m assuming it goes off of trends. When you program automatic dosing you just tell it how many much you are currently dosing, not a water volume. Then you tell it weather or not you want it to dose more during the day or not. It will dose as much as 30% more or less than your typical dose. It the parameters fall too far outside the set limit it defaults back to your set dose.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app