Where to go from here????

Time to figure what to do with the 75g Fish only tank. All has been well with the tank for the last year and a half except a heater malfunction 2 months ago leaving only 2 fish left in the tank. The melt down took a lion fish, harlequin tuskand cherry grouper. Other fish that have not made it over the year has been 7 yellow tail and blue damsels(Lion decide to eat these guys, expensive feeders :D). The 2 that remain and have been in the tank since start up is a maroon clown and "lucky" a yellow tail damsel. Not wanting to get rid of either of these fish I need to add to the tank or I will continue to loose interest and tear it down for a Gila monster tank. What do I put in here? I figure the maroon and Lucky are going to be a bit agressive since they have had the entire 75 to them self for a while, however the rarely even visit one side of the tank. The clown has a rock that is his home and the damsel kinda hangs around the same area. Don't want to break the bank this time just something to swim and be able to enjoy. any tips or trick with introducing the new fish? What fish to look at? New guys need to feed off flake and frozen. easy maintenance.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maroons are generally cranky to begin with, so you'll need to add a fish that's gonna hold its own against it (another lion fish, maybe? Starry blenny?). I'd say a purple tang, but it's only a 75, so that doesn't work. One thing you might want to do when you add new fish is put the clown in a QT tank for a couple of weeks. Then the newbies get to establish themselves in the tank, and the clown is the last guy in.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Small purple tang would be fine. Clown trigger. Dog face puffer. Who knows where this may lead to???

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
too bad there isn't a dwarf porcupine. That would stand up to a maroon, and they're awesome fish.

I would have thought the damsel would be the biggest issue. The maroon rarely leaves his cave and protects it well, nothing will take that place over. :D Clown trigger, I like that idea. :D never had a puffer before, hmmm. Throwing ideas here: seeing how I am looking at more of a movement tank and just fish swimming what about 6 or so blue damsels, 6 green chromis, a trigger of some type, possible puffer, possible purple tang. Would like cardnals but I think they are too mellow. Don't want to break the bank here as I also have a nuvo 16 that I am needing to stock.