20L w/ 9G Sump, First time saltwater

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I forgot, and I am not home to check. I think there is a 29W 50/50 bulb in it. A lot of people just use grow lights and clip on fixtures for the sump, but may not work in your tight space.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
othercents;63319 said:
My tank is not tempered glass and I can drill it, however I do want to use the tank for a sump later on, so I would prefer not to (I could always buy a new one and sell/donate this one to a fellow reefer). There are minor adjustments that I could make on the PVC overflow if I run into issues including placing clear 90s in the U joint that goes over the back of the tank. At this point I fall under the "cautiously optimistic" category. As we all probably know, each build is unique and no build goes exactly as planned, so I'm at a wait and see mode.
I have a 20 long in my basement, you can have it if you want it.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have decided I really want a Mantis Shrimp or more specifically a Neogonodactylus oerstedii. They are very hardy, can live in bright environments, and remain around 3" in length, however I'm not sure what corals and fish I can get in there with them. I know my daughter would love to have clown fish too.

chris 67

Cleaner Shrimp
they are cool, but i had one hitchhiker that was on my live rock he went after my true percula clown and some of my clean up crew

you could put it in your fuge?

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
chris 67;63726 said:
you could put it in your fuge?
That defeats the purpose of me buying one. I just need to find the right things that can live with the Mantis and make sure the Mantis is well fed. Many have said that a small mantis would not mess with a full grown clown, however they also said that any fish with a Mantis could become food.

chris 67

Cleaner Shrimp
yes you are right that any fish could become food.However you might be able to have a mantis if you don't have bottom dwelling fish .And you have highly active fish i think it would be ok????

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
Dude, so sorry to hear about your kitty. She's still just a kitten too.:( Hopefully with treatment she will still have some quality time left with your family.