2w 445nm blue laser vs aiptasia

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok so I got a laser and a some glasses for Christmas here is the results.

[video=youtube_share;ihwFR3I8tv8]http://youtu.be/ihwFR3I8tv8[/video]

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: 2w 445nm blue laser vs aiptasia

So sweet chad. Thanks for letting me mess with it and kill some nuke holocausts!!

sent from my EVO eater

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

I figure there would be some critics of my well honed videography :D jk I know its with my cell.

Anyway it works fairly well now that I got the actual laser adjusted to pinpoint at that average distance and the batteries full charged.

This was my first actual documentation of location and actually first test with full batteries and pinpointed focal point. Therefore well see if it is the end all or just irritated them. However aside from my Darth Vader breathing, the crackling is the aiptasia popping and shrinking.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

bush8984;214269 said:
You should let me try that on my majano
Of course my man you know your welcome to use it anytime. You know how and where to find me.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Hmmm I'm not sure about heat on acrylic. How thick is the acrylic? Better test it out on a test piece first I guess.

Btw my tank is 3/8" glass

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

hooked;214276 said:
No it doesn't. We used mine on Murfs tank to kill some. No troubles.
What wattage is your laser and do you think it works well?

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

In the video and when I used it it looks like it just ****ed them off lol. My .02 pennies.

sent from my EVO eater

hooked

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
S.C.M.A.S BOD
CRW Reef;214277 said:
What wattage is your laser and do you think it works well?
I have a 1500mw 445nm laser. It does work ok but you have to make sure that you get all of what you are killing. There is a very fine point to get it adjusted. Then you have to be persistent about repeating treatment. I think it works ok but knowing what I do now about it. I wouldn't buy it again.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking to build/buy one. I've been looking at survival laser but no idea what I'm looking at ha

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Trying to build one for the fun of it?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow pretty cool! But why not just get a copperband? I added one to my cube about two weeks ago and came home from new yrs weekend in the hills and over half of the aptasia are gone! Cool device non the less!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;214463 said:
Wow pretty cool! But why not just get a copperband? I added one to my cube about two weeks ago and came home from new yrs weekend in the hills and over half of the aptasia are gone! Cool device non the less!
Because they eventually come back at least mine have. I've had 3 different cb and they get rid of em and either die or I get him out in time before he starves and they come back.