36 bowfront setup help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Yeah. I drew a diagram and I went right to Home Depot, into the plumbing section where all the PVC fittings are and peiced the whole thing together right there. They dont sell "bulkheads" but they sell the parts and peices to make one. All you need is a threaded male connector and a threaded female connector, the male goes up through the bottom of the glass, the female screws on inside of the tank., be sure to use O rings between both connections against the glass to stop leaks. Stay away from the employees, they likely will have no idea what your talking about, unless you find a fellow aquarist or indoor grower that happens to work there. Ill snap a pic of my DYI bulkheads when I get home to give you an idea.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Please do. Anything helps and I'm not starting it till next week. Also where can I get a overflow kit. The black panel with teeth and everything that goes behind it.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
glassholes.com. Find your overflow kit here.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't find any that have a curved panel on the site. Is the 700gph pretty good and looks decent?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do a coast to coast bean animal overflow.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had to drill 1.75" holes for my 1" bulkhead, it would be a great idea to check with whatever bulkhead you're getting to make sure you drill the correct size hole. The internet has charts somewhere.

Personally, I like the inside threaded bulkheads. That way I can fix my mistakes/remove the pipes if I ever need to. I like the thick ones they sell at farm supply stores better than the ones you usually find at fish stores. If you're going to find one at Lowes or HD they would be near the spa/hot tub section. I like Bomgaars (cheaper than LFS), but I'm sure you can find some at other places. There was a member selling some at ridiculous cheap rates a while back, I'm sure a quick search of the site will show the thread.

Sent using Forum Runner

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefmaster719;182703 said:
I can't find any that have a curved panel on the site. Is the 700gph pretty good and looks decent?
700 is what i had on my 60gal and it worked awesome. I agree with ^ thst threaded bulk heads allow u to go back and change your design more easily

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
For sure. Ill probably get the kit but I really want a black curved piece to go in the corner. Where do I get one of them.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can prob have an acrylic shop make u one, and if thats pricey you could just do a flat piece in the corner and that acrylic should only run 20.00 or so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.