90 gallon sps reef aquarium build.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I added the fish food last week. Right now my ammonia is at .25, the nitrite is at .1, and the nitrate is 0.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would say you are not even close yet, add a big spoon of fish food, and forget about it for a couple weeks.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought ammonia killed stuff if it got above .1.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Or a teaspoon of pure ammonia to really jump start things. :D

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
when the bacterial cycle is working properly ll the ammonia will have become nitrite, then turned into nitrate, when there is no ammonia, or nitrite, and a bunch of nitrate you can do a water change and add a few fish and CUC.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's been 3+ weeks since the beginning of the cycle period. Things seem to be done since all that's left is nitrate. I'm going to do a water change when we come back from yellow stone. So far the is almost no algae since I've left the lights off for last few weeks. I plan to add the first fish then as well. More updates to come!

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, I'm going to get some when I get back. I need to get a better heater first since the current one is struggling to keap temps above 75.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd add CUC before a fish just so they can start eliminating the diatoms which will probably explode once you put some light over the tank.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;101646 said:
Yea, I'm going to get some when I get back. I need to get a better heater first since the current one is struggling to keap temps above 75.
If there is room for more heat then add light, or flow....