Acropower!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Some of you may know, anytime I try anything new I like to catalog the journey. This time I will be giving you all the play by play on a product by TLF. Acropower is basically an amino supplement for your acros. Actually, many have found this to be beneficial for many types of LPS as well. I have been running across numerous threads and articles alike really praising this product. Not only is it suppose to help with growth but it also really helps with PE and color. Some have claimed to notice a difference after first use. We shall see.

I don't typically like dosing things I can't test for but this comes with such high praise around the net I just have to try it for myself. According to sources Julian Sprung spent over 4 years figuring out the perfect aminos to put in a bottle for our stonies.

I should have my bottle in the next few days and I will begin to dose. I plan to put it on my Marine Magic Doser and will probably dose it once a day. Many say you can leave your skimmer on after dosing but I will probably shut it down for a hour after dosing to give as much as I can to the corals.

I will do my best to catalog my findings here, with pictures. Lets see if this is as good as everyone claims it to be :)

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/general-sps-discussion/142538-power-up-your-acropora-corals.html

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/12/05/acropower-review/

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Following along

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Subscribed.

Thanks for logging this...I've heard good things from several people locally and am interested in seeing your results.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Curious myself. I know Nick has been using it and seems to be having decent results with it so far

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been interested to see if it works as well as people say. I was planning on picking up a bottle for my tank as well very soon.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use it and love it. I saw an increase in PE and color in my acros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
I used to use Aquavitro Fuel and tried AP for 2 weeks now and are seeing a lot of color and PE, but can't say i see more than with just using fuel. following along to see your results!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ordered today, I'll post pics too. Currently using fuel. I don't see much with the fuel. My corals do need something, hopefully this is it.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;303845 said:
Ordered today, I'll post pics too. Currently using fuel. I don't see much with the fuel. My corals do need something, hopefully this is it.
I think my corals are in a perpetual state of needing something!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I got my bottle of Acropower in. One problem though. My daughter pulled my SD card and cord out of my computer and now its MIA!!! Frickn kids. So I am on hold until I can either find it (been looking for the last 5 days) or I buy another SD card...Dont really want to start this process until I can take photos and my camera phone will not cut it for this.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;304466 said:
So I got my bottle of Acropower in. One problem though. My daughter pulled my SD card and cord out of my computer and now its MIA!!! Frickn kids. So I am on hold until I can either find it (been looking for the last 5 days) or I buy another SD card...Dont really want to start this process until I can take photos and my camera phone will not cut it for this.
I have a ScanDisk Extreme Pro 32gb, 95mb/s SD HC1 card I can give you. Long story how I came upon it but it's not something I'll use and it's been sitting around for months. If you can come pick it up this week, great, otherwise I won't be able to swing by your place until next Friday. Let me know.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Dave! I will be swinging by your house after my maintenance accounts tomorrow to bring back your usb stick. Should be there around 12-12:30ish if that works?