Acropower!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;304479 said:
See you tomorrow Dave.

________

On another note I have my bottle plumbed into my Marine Magic Dosing pump.

Directions call for 5ml per 25 gallons per week. I will start with the recommended dose split up daily.

Dosing
7ml per day at 4pm. My Neptune will turn off my skimmer for one hour at 4 as well.

I have the outlet going right into my display via rigid tubing (the tube sticking further out)

Chemisty

7.3dKH Alkalinity - 425ppm CA
My alkalinity consumption is holding steady at 250ml per day, calcium 240ml per day.

Nutrients
NO3 steady at .1-.2 - PO4 steady from .0-.02

Import
2 cubes of Hykari Mysis, 2 cubes PE Mysis, 4 turns auto feeder NLS pellets, 1/2 sheet of Nori - Daily

Export
Vinegar 30ml per day, GFO 1/2 cup every 8 weeks or so, 30 gallon weekly water change

Last edited by a moderator:

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well apparently Photobucket thinks I am popular so I had to find a new photo hosting site. Here we are, day one of Acropower dosing. I typically touch up my photos in Lightroom before posting them online. However, because we are trying to judge color difference I am leaving them unedited. Some photos will be bluer or some may be darker but I am trying to keep some consistency between photo shoots. I am thinking about posting every 2 weeks or so, hopefully we can see some progress!

Camera
Canon Rebel T3i
Canon 100mm Macro Lens

Camera Settings
Manual Mode - RAW
White Balance - Auto
Center weighted average
Shutter 1/30 - Aperture F 7.1 - ISO 400

I have a good amount of corals that are colored up well. I will post the photos of corals that can use a little boost.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dosed 7ml Acropower yesterday and 7ml today. Alkalinity dropped from 7.3 to 7.15 from yesterday to today (tested roughly the same time of day). I have added a few new frags this week and either
A: they have settled in and started to consume
B: the Acropower is actually working that fast
C: noise in the testing procedure

I have increased my buffer from 250ml per day to 260ml per day. I will test daily this week to stay on top of trends should there be a valid change.

Other tests as follows:
NO3 - .1
PO4 - .01
CA - 425

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
J.guokas;304768 said:
Better PE?
Not sure I want to go as far as better at this point, I would say that every coral in my tank that has ever shown PE is showing it now. I should have taken pictures right when I got home, good PE everywhere. I really wouldn't say the polyps were extending out more individually, instead more polyps where just out on each coral. I'm dosing it right at 4pm so when I get home the PE should look the best I would think? (around 4:30)

Just handheld my camera with the macro lens. I didnt feel like breaking out the tripod, that can be a chore sometimes. So to minimize camera shake I ran a higher ISO and lower F-Stop which made a lot of the coral out of focus. Here are some quick pics I took around 8:30ish:

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Observations, day 4:
Interesting thing is happening. My alkalinity is actually going up, which means my consumption is going down. Not sure what is going on. I did take a couple LPS pieces to my maintenance accounts over the weekend. That might explain it a little bit but I only took 2 pieces out and they weren't that big. I will continue to monitor daily and hopefully it evens out. PE on everything is really good!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well judging this, at least in the short term, might prove difficult. My Neptune Apex decided to go bat **** crazy yesterday and was switching outlets on off on off every second which caused my buffer and calcium to get dumped into the system every time the outlet turned back on. Luckily I was home to catch it and the alk only jumped from 7.7 to 8.6 but the last time I even had a 1/4 point jump at once a couple of my SPS STN'd.

Another thing that will affect the results now is the fact that my bulbs are due and I am changing from 250w 20k Radiums to 250w 14k Phoenix's.

Nevertheless I will continue to post what I can here for those interested.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Man that sucks with the apex, hopefully there won't be to much lose from it. Good thing you were home

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I must say I have been impressed with this stuff so far. One dose and I can totally see a difference and I have not changed a thing.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;305881 said:
Anyone know where to get a big jug of the stuff?
I think Chris at AA has the big gallon jugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I know BRS carrys 3 sizes of it