All right, about to drink the kalkwasser kool aid. Some basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
Tripple T;128177 said:
And yes Andy I had this same conversation with spstime. Unfortunately working at a fish store doesn't make you an expert either. This shouldn't be that hard to understand man. It's just like being a construction worker dosent make you an engineer even if you understand engineering.

I honestly really appreciate everyone's advice on masc. I truly learn things every day. There are lots of people on here with incredible insight. I just hate when I see people start to take over and act like the expert. I'll battle that on every post I see with it.

Unfortunately for you, that argument goes both ways. Having a degree in biology doesnt make you a marine biologist or even a biologist, all it says is you have a very expensive piece of paper. I never once told someone, my way is the only way. I have however, spent much time reading and understanding what is out there and form my own opinions. And present infomation that hopefully others will do the same, to research and form their own thoughts, and not take what someone on the interwebs said as the only truth. But I guess if you didnt hear it in school, it aint true.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wicked Demon;128179 said:
Man I am not one of those either, just a painter, anybody need paint advise?

Yes I think everybody arguing about how to use it overshadowed the do or dont aspect.
hey me too ...well i was.... whata qwa winky dink
still cant figure what color to paint my house ...any suggestions?

i have a degree in finance too that doesn't qualify me too invest all your money

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
The wife wanted to paint the living room with vaulted ceilings, What a pain, wish I would have hired a painter. I got it done and looks good, but a different color wall (dark) to white top, was a PITA I hate hard edges like that. Id rather do paint and body for a car Im painting black any day of the week over the inside.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
andyrm66;128188 said:
The wife wanted to paint the living room with vaulted ceilings, What a pain, wish I would have hired a painter. I got it done and looks good, but a different color wall (dark) to white top, was a PITA I hate hard edges like that. Id rather do paint and body for a car Im painting black any day of the week over the inside.
its easy with practice you can do it blind folded ....dealing with the people in the business is the hardest part

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
I ended up getting an edging tool, which worked pretty good, also got a articulating brush holder on a long pole, that workd. THe biggest issue was the texture, if it was a smooth wall, would have been a non point. I hate ladders to, that just added to the pita. but we (I) got it done.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just caught up and apparently, there might be added side effects to kalk, even when just discussing it....it seems to raise testosterone levels too..

Screw it, I'm selling everything and going back to goldfish. You saltwater people are too damn high strung..geez.

Totally kidding..well..kinda totally...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
someone has been sticking kalk up there a$$ ...it has that effect

were not all like that

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;128202 said:
Kalk in the but is a total waste of a potentially great reef supplement. Besides, that would burn like crazy!
STFU ...you know you tryed it b4 .....lol

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I do use kalk in my ato... Corals love it. I have been thinking about getting a kalk stirrer. Never used it for anything else though... You were the one who thought of it you sick b. Lol

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, ok.
Some good info here, I am going to start dosing Kalk and join the church as well. Thanks for the links etc, I have a lot of reading to do

andyrm66;128185 said:
Unfortunately for you, that argument goes both ways. Having a degree in biology doesnt make you a marine biologist or even a biologist, all it says is you have a very expensive piece of paper. I never once told someone, my way is the only way. I have however, spent much time reading and understanding what is out there and form my own opinions. And present infomation that hopefully others will do the same, to research and form their own thoughts, and not take what someone on the interwebs said as the only truth. But I guess if you didnt hear it in school, it aint true.
Lol Andy if a masters in biology and working with Kevin Lafferty dosen't make me a biologist I have no idea what does.

rockys_pride;128211 said:
Who's Kevin Lafferty?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Better question: WHO GIVES A DAMN?

This thread was questions about Kalkwasser, not about who has a degree or who's qualified or not.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Tripple by your logic im the only one here that should have any say about politics. Thats not the reality though and while many marine biologosts might be more technicaly profecient most dont know squat about keeping marine animals alive in closed environments.

Masters level biologists are funny: they think they are real scientists. Tripple T, for someone without a PhD you really shouldn’t be self-proclaiming yourself an authority in any subject, especially the “scientific method” which we ALL learned about in 6th grade science class. If you have authorship of any primary literature, especially in marine biology, I believe Andy as well as myself would love to read it.

Jon

Kevin Lafferty is an ecological researcher who works with the US Geological Survey. Pretty important within the field... but just because you work with him doesn't mean that his credibility rubs off on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.