anemone will not stay put

nem is mia again when i find him this time i will punch him lol but i did find a gorilla crab and could it of moved my nem or even eaten it this thing is really ticking
me off i thought it would be cool but not cool know

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Your nem will settle in... I know its tempting to want to control it and have it settle in the perfect spot, but I have learned that mine will make its own home. Give it time and don't worry, really doubt a gorilla crab could kill it.

it has been 4 weeks and still have not found my anemone so he /or she is gone for ever i think
on the other hand it is time for me to do the remodel i have been putting off for months may i will find him then
i will post pics as the remodel starts and to the end of it this will take two or three months to do.
plan on upgrading the sump,protein skimmer,mp40s and new lights also will post before and after pics

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
thats too bad, sorry to hear about your nem. i LOVE nems and my wife just fell inlove with a semi sick one (just didnt look too healthy) so i took a chance on it its a super colored lta (white with blue tips) Its foot was not ripped but it just didnt have alot of stick if you know what i mean. So i put it in my nano which has deep sand bed, and for the first couple of days it was just letting the current take it, (even after stopping the flow for long periods of time) it just seemed to float there not wanting any food or what ever, just seemed ready to die imo. so i dug a hole in my sand bed and "planted" it in a med to low flow area and kinda burried its foot a little, now its thriving and enjoying life, it is ALOT bigger than i thought it would be as it decided to open up and come out to play with the Clowns. (although my clown are only mildly interested in it at best). But what can you do. Good luck with the uppgrades and Good luck if you choose another nem.

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
here are a couple of pics of the nem. he had to moove to "his spot" and re burried himself. but he is happy. [attachment=64228:name] View attachment 13005

the build has taken a turn for the best i think. I think for me at least the 120 up grade is off because it has turned in to a 150 gallon build that is cool
i am still planing on all the up grades all will be new in fact they are a new custom 90 g sump, mp40es, radion lights two protein and a custom canopy
to fit the lights also some DYI moon lights here is the great thing i am going to asking for some ideas that have worked for you guys and use them in my
build so if you have any ideas that might help me along i would be indebted to you thanks

hello again sorry it has been a while since we last spoke but my up grade is going well got the sump and going now for about four months know
and going very well so far still waiting on my lights but have some temp lights on it for know will post some pics soon

the funny thing about this build is it all started over an nem would not take afoot and then went mia and is gone now so i said i would post some pics of the build and here they are