Apex Junk?!?

I bought a new Apex system (standard) and it arrived today (couldn't find one locally as everyone seemed to have sold the only one in stock the day I wanted to buy one). I followed the setup process up to where I can enter the token on the Fusion website to link it to my account. The controller screen doesn't provide a token, just the words ApexFusion: Down. I have scoured every forum I can find to give me ideas on how to fix it. I have switched from DHCP On to Off and set the DNS servers manually to 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.1 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have restarted the controller on numerous occasions, ensured that the gateway is 10.0.0.1 which is the gateway that shows up in my stupid Xfinity router settings and still can't get the thing to give me a token. I have contacted customer service who said, we'll call you. All of this has me ready to box this POS up and take it back so that I can get something from another manufacturer.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated, as I am afraid that this is going to lead to a divorce if I can't figure it out.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Some of these steps may not be necessary, but do all of them anyway to reset the fusion token system to guarantee that you will get a token.

First, enable DHCP and then restart the controller from the display.

Once it restarts, go to the classic dashboard (http://apex on a PC, or http://ipaddress for a MAC) and go to the net setup page. You will see an option that says apex fusion enable and apex fusion control enable. Set both to disabled and restart your apex from there. (There is a restart button at the bottom of that page).

Once it restarts, access the classic dashboard again and go to net setup. Enable both fusion enable and fusion control enable. Then restart using the button on the page.

Once ot restarts, go back into the classic dashboard one more time and look for a tile that looks like this on the first page it brings you to.

Log on to fusion in another window and type the token in to link your apex.

Last edited by a moderator:

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Odd. What firmware is this one running?

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If it's not running the latest edition (4.33) you will have fusion issues. When I bought my gold package it came with 4.28 and exhibited the same behavior you're seeing. Once I upgraded to 4.33 everything was hunky dory.

It even had a card in the box with big bold letters telling me to update to 4.33. It's all over Neptune's website to update as well. Also, DO NOT use wifi for updating anything firmware-based (Apex included.)

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What's with your hostname there? Change that to apex. Then reboot it.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Want to webex? Call me at 3/641-9243 and let's see if we can get it running.

I'm Adam by the way.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just call me on the phone and we'll get a webex session going. (I have it through work.)