careful cutting palys

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Serious stuff man! Palytoxin is what, third most toxic substance in the ocean?

wow - that sucks - I feel for you. I think I will take the warning more seriously now

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am so always going to wear goggles from now.

Flush that eye out good mang...

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you do go make sure you tell them you have possibly got palytoxin poison in your eye. That is one thing most Dr.'s would never think to look for or question.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You would be surprised how many people have this happen!
I really hope you went to the doc!!

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just went through this with Palys on 2 week old dead rock I grabbed them in my hand I became I'll with shivers muscle spasms and flu like symptoms

Even dead Palys can cause this be careful.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I became I'll with shivers muscle spasms and flu like symptoms
I fragged some zoas off a peice of rock a while back and didnt use gloves but i thought i washed pretty good after and that same thing happened to me i was in the hospital with 104 degree fever. vomiting and my pulseox was very low so i was on oxygen as well. oh and i shivered like i was freezing for hours uncontrollably! not the flue which is the only thing they tested for so they said virus ill get over it Lets just say no fun!

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I must have a high resistance to palytoxin. I have got some in cuts before and nothing more than a muscle ache. Never got it in my eye though. I cut them under water anytime I can.

Get better soon Chris.