KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone here from Koi since he got squirted in the eye

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I'm waiting for the eye doctors office to open, it's watering bad and hurts whether open or closed. I printed some Paly info out for him hopefully he can get me some sort of treatment easilly! I'll report back :) doubt they will know if it's palytoxin unless they ship me off to a doc that takes a blood test who knows hopefully its simple I got a livestock order to put away lol

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wicked Demon;145624 said:
I heard it eats into your eye like an acid, good luck man!
I heard it eats into your eyes then burrows it way to your brain then lays little paly eggs that grow out your ears and eat your face! Sorry Chris im affraid your future looks grim.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well on that note... Who's helping me frag my paly colony I'm bringing on Sunday? Anyone? Bueller... Bueller...?

Me! Me! I'll be the one in the hazmat suit

Wow, I didn't know how many people in the club had gotten paly toxin poisoning. I usually keep my injuries to punctures from mini tube worms on live rocks and bristleworm stings. Hope it turns out all right

I freaked out the other night when I sliced my finger open on a rock and it throbbed and burned for 2 days. I always picture the doc shaking his head as they come at me with a bonesaw. "Should have word gloves, missy". I can't imagine going through the palytoxin stuff. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Ya. The latex type gloves are too thin to prevent a puncture, but the thick hazmat type gloves are too clumsy to do something delicate like fragging in ... so I usually dont bother with either. I do wear glasses though, so I have some eye protection. You should really wear chemistry goggles though.

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
well my eye is no better off yet, went to an eye doc, she gave me some drops, not sure they realize anything about palytoxin :( seemed clue less anyway. If its not better tomorrow I'll go to a doctor and get a blood test to see if there is palytoxin in me I guess.....its like when I had vibrio, they all kept asking about corals and not really grasping how someone in Colorado could have anything like that without an ocean nearby LOL sigh.oh well maybe I'll wake up better but its sure not looking nice right now! updated pic here.
before

after

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You'll probably be fine. If they looked at your cornea and made sure it wasn't harmed, it's just a matter of time.