careful cutting palys

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
any other problems kris or just eye pains?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah that does suck sorry I made light of it earlier. Don't mess around when it comes you your eyes get that taken care of. I wish you the best.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris, one of the guys that worked at Premier before aquamart bought the store and before I worked there got both eyes. You may want to shoot Will a message or text and see what happened. I remember he was ok, but not much of the story.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you get an eye patch, it better have the octopussy symbol in gold on it. Yeah that would be cool...

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: careful cutting palys

CRW Reef;226993 said:
Bump for a reminder to always wear eye protection!!!
For cutting any palys or zoas! One should also wear gloves, people have been hospitalized, lost fingers and have died from palytoxins!

Great reminder Chad!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
careful cutting palys

I was cleaning yesterday and picked at a zoa to keep it away from another coral. I have a hang nail on my finger and it swelled up like a sausage this am. Already went away mostly but was a little scary. Still stings a bit. My hand was in the tank!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
If my frogspawns touch my hand/arm, even for a minute, my skin reacts. And it's getting worse with each incident.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CindyL;227053 said:
If my frogspawns touch my hand/arm, even for a minute, my skin reacts. And it's getting worse with each incident.
A duh, gloves! :p

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I had the same thing happen about a year and a half ago, got squirted in my eye and mouth, nastiest **** i have ever injested. My eye swoll up like Mike Tyson hit me and I got real sick for about3 days, flu like crap. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Lets just say lesson learned.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;227058 said:
A duh, gloves! :p

Just trying to point out that zoas and palys aren't the only things that can cause issues, ya cranky old fart.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CindyL;227072 said:
Just trying to point out that zoas and palys aren't the only things that can cause issues, ya cranky old fart.
:p :slap: :D :brick:

Just sayin'

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
You mean I shouldnt be using birdsnest frags as toothpicks? Well that explains alot!