carpet anemone

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
come to the meeting next week ..charlie has several i believe

I dont know anything about it... I think it's an S. Haddonis too but I'm not sure. I'm thinking about selling it, or maybe fragging it. I got it yesterday, and it seems really healthy but it's a threat to my fish and corals.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well don't frag it. Carpet nem's can't be split like BTA's can.
It's hard to tell the difference. I believe the Gig's have red dots on their foot, but not sure how to tell the others apart.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think Charlie would probably be your best bet as I think he's been keeping them forever! I've heard of them eating fish that swim into the nem but I don't if I would necessarily say that they are a "threat" to fish and corals?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
So don't try and cut it you will kill it!! The gigantic has perple dots on the under side of body and are rock dewellers as S. Haddoni are sand deWellers! Post a pic here if you can!!

It is green, and big. It doesnt have any red dots on it's foot. My eel swam into it's side and he's hurt so I'm really nervouse about it. I have it in a quarintine until I know more about it and I can decide what to do.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
runningwild24;123195 said:
It is green, and big. It doesnt have any red dots on it's foot. My eel swam into it's side and he's hurt so I'm really nervouse about it. I have it in a quarintine until I know more about it and I can decide what to do.
sell it if your not willing to lose a fish every now and then ....some people feel that having a nem that cool is worth it
you could probably get a few bucks for it too

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
2 bucks and a coupon for $2 off a pack of Marlboro's

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;123212 said:
sell it if your not willing to lose a fish every now and then ....some people feel that having a nem that cool is worth it
you could probably get a few bucks for it too
Over the yrs only lost like 2 fish! Just a bad name like pits!! If you don't overstock then that is key!!