carpet anemone

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
runningwild24;123226 said:
would It be good to keep in a frag tank? I am thinking of starting one
Only if you keep it away from the frags. If it starts to walk around, it will sting and kill everything.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
If your carpet walks then either it's not healthy, or water Chemistry is off, to much flow!! The good thing w Haddonis is they are sand dewellers so leaves rock work for coral! Looks like a nice looking one you have there!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think you're overreaching with the "anemones are dangerous" thing. Personally, my nems only walk if something is wrong. If something changes in the area they're in that they don't like, water quality starts to decline, something is picking on it, etc. Once it finds it's spot it should be fine, but of course this is your tank haha.

You may be right that I'm over-reacting, I'm pretty inexperianced with this kind of thing, but in one day the nem has already hurt my eel. The eel's skin is flaking off, and he hasn't eaten. I'm Not so worried about the nem walking, and hurting corals as I am him killing my fish. I have been looking for a nem for awhile but I want to make sure I get the best fit... so I'm still undecided on what to do with it.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;123246 said:
If your carpet walks then either it's not healthy, or water Chemistry is off, to much flow!! The good thing w Haddonis is they are sand dewellers so leaves rock work for coral! Looks like a nice looking one you have there!
True, the only time I had mine walk was when I forgot to feed him for a while. Then I am 99% sure my Yellow Tang swam into him at night after he moved.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
runningwild24;123249 said:
You may be right that I'm over-reacting, I'm pretty inexperianced with this kind of thing, but in one day the nem has already hurt my eel. The eel's skin is flaking off, and he hasn't eaten. I'm Not so worried about the nem walking, and hurting corals as I am him killing my fish. I have been looking for a nem for awhile but I want to make sure I get the best fit... so I'm still undecided on what to do with it.
That's the problem people need to research what there getting into w this anemone! Before buying one!!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;123257 said:
True, the only time I had mine walk was when I forgot to feed him for a while. Then I am 99% sure my Yellow Tang swam into him at night after he moved.
Ya I run moon lights so the fish are aware of where they swim!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
runningwild24;123235 said:
are carpet nems as dangerous as other nems? or are they just extra potent?
Carpets have stronger stinging cells. Notice how it feels sticky when you touch the top? That's it stinging you. ¤ DISCLAIMER ¤ I'm in no way, shape, form, and/or fashion responsible for you actually touching your carpet nem, or any other nem, and your body reacting adversely. If you decide to touch nems without protection, you are doing it on your own free will.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk