coral dips, which is best???

So I need to get more coral dip and having a hard time picking which one. I'm debating between Seachem reef dip, CoralRx, and Two little fishies revive. I have only use Seachem. I feel it works fine but have read about how iodine can stain corals. I haven't personally noticed it, but I'm also not doing anything with sps and lps right now, and it make sense to me that those would be the corals that would get noticeable stains. Anyone out there have a preference of these three or one of their own they know of?

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 on Bayer. I just finished dipping three Zoas last night, and you would not believe how many flat worms I found in the bottom. It is effective, cheap, and works.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 on all the dips. Everyone should do this before adding any corals to a DT. I would even let them sit in a quarantine tank for a few weeks, IMO.

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
IMO the bayer is overkill UNLESS you have red bugs in your tank i personally have been using the seachem coral dip on all my corals and i have not seen any staining on my corals i think they only stain if you add a stupid amount to the water

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep. This one (picture stole from another site)

[attachment=65492:name]

Do a search to find what dosages and times people are using. I use at 1:15 for strength, and do a 10-15 minute dip.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just use one. That is the best.

If you are dipping acropora, then use the Bayer. If you are getting reef herpes from a frag swap, then use them all. :) Ok, just kidding, but use the Bayer in this case too. If you are getting from a "trusted" source, then Coral Rx is plenty fine.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anytime of bayer bug killer works?

Yea I think I'll stick with those before trying the bayer. Theres just so many bad chemicals in stuff like bayer. Mostly synthetics that are highly toxic to just about anything

And plus if Bayer is so great, why doesn't BRS and other retailers selling it as a coral dip? I'd rather just spend the extra for the good stuff when its made for that. I mean honestly why don't I just use Lysol if that's the case with bayer? They use some of the same chemicals

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Rizzle0279;279225 said:
And plus if Bayer is so great, why doesn't BRS and other retailers selling it as a coral dip? I'd rather just spend the extra for the good stuff when its made for that. I mean honestly why don't I just use Lysol if that's the case with bayer? They use some of the same chemicals
Many advanced aquarist on this site use bayer. It is fine if you do not want to use but please do not try to insult others for doing so.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to insult anyone. Just making a statement of how bad some of those chemicals are from having to actually work with them and having experience with it. If asking a question is an insult then sorry. I just wanted to know how safe it really is to use.

I'm a novice reefer, and the only reason I'm asking for the answers is cause 1. I'm inexperienced. 2. That's the first time I've heard that recommended. All I'm trying to get is a legitimate reason to actually use it. I work hard for my earnings to put into my corals and fish and don't want to lose it all over a small slip up. I'm a concerned reefer when it comes to some of the advanced hobbyist tricks and tips. I mean I know you all have experience, just worries me

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Rizzle0279;279231 said:
I'm not trying to insult anyone. Just making a statement of how bad some of those chemicals are from having to actually work with them and having experience with it. If asking a question is an insult then sorry. I just wanted to know how safe it really is to use.
Sounded as much like sarcasm as saying, l have some tee tree oil soap and shampoo. Same active ingredients as rps all out and coralrx I should just use those? so if it was not your intent then I apologize.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk