Craigslist Deal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
40inch tall? Whew, that's going to be rough lighting. Need to find a good moving company at that size too because I'd think that would have issues with most doors. (And moving all that with running ecosystem good luck.)

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fitz19d;369218 said:
40inch tall? Whew, that's going to be rough lighting. Need to find a good moving company at that size too because I'd think that would have issues with most doors. (And moving all that with running ecosystem good luck.)
They will have to bust out a lot of radeon g3's with 90 degree optics, plasma, or 400-600 watt halides.

sethsolomon;369231 said:
They will have to bust out a lot of radeon g3's with 90 degree optics, plasma, or 400-600 watt halides.
He said he has four cheap Chinese eBay lights and two current orbit 36 inch fixtures. Said all of his SPS grow like crazy and are healthy.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
19TheSaint75;369233 said:
He said he has four cheap Chinese eBay lights and two current orbit 36 inch fixtures. Said all of his SPS grow like crazy and are healthy.

There is not a single SPS in any of those pictures. The closest thing to an sps in there is that hollywood stunner chalice that is crazy high up.

sethsolomon;369234 said:
There is not a single SPS in any of those pictures. The closest thing to an sps in there is that hollywood stunner chalice that is crazy high up.
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just telling you what he told me. His original Craigslist ad said he had a $35k skimmer. He said he has about 44k in equipment and another 9k in livestock.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
19TheSaint75;369235 said:
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just telling you what he told me. His original Craigslist ad said he had a $35k skimmer. He said he has about 44k in equipment and another 9k in livestock.

I know :) Just wanted to point out if that's what the guy said, then he is full of crap :p

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;369237 said:
I know :) Just wanted to point out if that's what the guy said, then he is full of crap :p
I certainly dont want to start any kind of lighting debate but I am always super skeptical when people claim crazy growth rates of SPS when using anything other than MH as the main source of lighting. I think its totally subjective to the person making the claim. I know when I was fairly new to the hobby and was using led I got growth and things were healthy so Id say things like I get great growth or my corals grow like crazy.

Well looking back now I realize that wasn't really the case. The shear fact that they grew and didn't die for some reason compelled me to say things like that. Again not trying to start a lighting debate I know led, t5, power compact and probably even the light bulb from my nieces easy bake oven can grow coral under the right conditions. I just think all other things aside truly "crazy" sps growth only happens with MH. Just my opinion always consider the source.

Last edited by a moderator:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Walter White;369240 said:
I certainly dont want to start any kind of lighting debate but I am always super skeptical when people claim crazy growth rates of SPS when using anything other than MH as the main source of lighting. I think its totally subjective to the person making the claim. I know when I was fairly new to the hobby and was using led I got growth and things were healthy so Id say things like I get great growth or my corals grow like crazy.

Well looking back now I realize that wasn't really the case. The shear fact that they grew and didn't die for some reason compelled me to say things like that. Again not trying to start a lighting debate I know led, t5, power compact and probably even the light bulb from my nieces easy bake oven can grow coral under the right conditions. I just think all other things aside truly "crazy" sps growth only happens with MH. Just my opinion always consider the source.

True that! I was mainly pointing out that there was not a single SPS in his tank. :p

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, the livestock was not very impressive though I love sailfins. I was going to go see it. Apparently he and I did business on something, maybe not saltwater before as he had my number in his phone. From the sounds of it the equipment is worthwhile. The tank I guess has some custom overflow I dont understand hes sending pics of, and apparently all the pumps is because it has a closed loop system.

Said I couldnt take anything live or running, just interested in equipment, (was hoping to get a # since someone here said 5k for everything.) Wanted me to come by, see what I did/did not want. (Was going to skip the huge skimmer as im not sure I want to do basement plumb).

Sadly, confirmed dimensions, and the biggest door I have in my house is like 35 even with hinges etc off, vs 40 high....

FWIW lighting wise, I think LED or LED + T5 woulda been fine for a mixed reef with rockwork that goes fairly high. SPS's at the top, softies down low etc. But yeah not ideal if you wanted a pure sps forest.

Fitz19d;369243 said:
Ya, the livestock was not very impressive though I love sailfins. I was going to go see it. Apparently he and I did business on something, maybe not saltwater before as he had my number in his phone. From the sounds of it the equipment is worthwhile. The tank I guess has some custom overflow I dont understand hes sending pics of, and apparently all the pumps is because it has a closed loop system.

Said I couldnt take anything live or running, just interested in equipment, (was hoping to get a # since someone here said 5k for everything.) Wanted me to come by, see what I did/did not want. (Was going to skip the huge skimmer as im not sure I want to do basement plumb).

Sadly, confirmed dimensions, and the biggest door I have in my house is like 35 even with hinges etc off, vs 40 high....

FWIW lighting wise, I think LED or LED + T5 woulda been fine for a mixed reef with rockwork that goes fairly high. SPS's at the top, softies down low etc. But yeah not ideal if you wanted a pure sps forest.
His text to me last night said the first 5k takes it all. His number is 3038981307.

The 40" is a killer on dimensions. Most homes aren't built to wheel something with that girth through the door. A sliding glass door with the panes removed is probably the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.