Crowther's E-260

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
How big were the shrimp? Wish you'd snagged video of it. Usually used to seeing them being the softy/pushovers not ravenous piranha.

Fitz19d;669650 said:
How big were the shrimp? Wish you'd snagged video of it. Usually used to seeing them being the softy/pushovers not ravenous piranha.
Pretty small. An inch maybe. I'll take a video next time. These guys loved frozen brine shrimp too. Now, I just need my conch to get busy cleaning. He moved a little bit when I put him in earlier today, but has just been chillin' in the same spot since.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

The conch is moving around now. He seems to be making my substrate smaller as he goes through it. Grinding it up as he eats maybe.

Does this coral look happy? It seems like only a couple of the heads open each day. It was like that when I bought it too.

That tank is really to new ti host corals. Didnt you jist put a "raw shrimp" in there last week? Slow yer roll. Let the tank mature a little. Those fish to start making waste. Is it cycled yet? Parameters such as Mag. And Alk. Unopened zoas could be a lot of things but this one seems easy. That tank will be a good one. Juat take your time. Know it sucks to see nada in an aquarium but its worse taking dead stuff out and throwing money at livestock that has not much chance of sustainability. Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

timnem70;n669742 said:
That tank is really to new ti host corals. Didnt you jist put a "raw shrimp" in there last week? Slow yer roll. Let the tank mature a little. Those fish to start making waste. Is it cycled yet? Parameters such as Mag. And Alk. Unopened zoas could be a lot of things but this one seems easy. That tank will be a good one. Juat take your time. Know it sucks to see nada in an aquarium but its worse taking dead stuff out and throwing money at livestock that has not much chance of sustainability. Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Some say to start with coral before fish. It cycled prior to adding them. Mg is at 1050 (pretty low) and Alk is at 3.19 (a tad high, but okay). I moved the zoa up closer to the light to see if it likes it better up there. Got a little diatom bloom, but the shrimp and conch are going to town on it. Dosing a bunch of Mg slowly for the next week.

Cherub;n676715 said:
looking good, how do you like the tank?
I really like it. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the 350 deluxe. But, all in all, I'm pretty happy how things have turned out. A few more sticks and maybe I can just sit back and watch the magic unfold.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crowther;676718 said:
I really like it. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the 350 deluxe. But, all in all, I'm pretty happy how things have turned out. A few more sticks and maybe I can just sit back and watch the magic unfold.
Remind me what the differences are between the two?

SkyShark;n676743 said:
Remind me what the differences are between the two?
The 350 is bigger, but the difference between the E series and the deluxe series is that the E series are initially setup for rear sump and then you have the option of upgrading to the in-cabinet sump. I did that and ended up with extra parts.