1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Crowther's E-260

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Crowther, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Fitz19d

Fitz19d Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

How big were the shrimp? Wish you'd snagged video of it. Usually used to seeing them being the softy/pushovers not ravenous piranha.

2. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

Pretty small. An inch maybe. I'll take a video next time. These guys loved frozen brine shrimp too. Now, I just need my conch to get busy cleaning. He moved a little bit when I put him in earlier today, but has just been chillin' in the same spot since.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

3. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Some progress.

4. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Nice looks good!

Crowther likes this.
  5. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

The conch is moving around now. He seems to be making my substrate smaller as he goes through it. Grinding it up as he eats maybe.

6. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

[​IMG]
    Does this coral look happy? It seems like only a couple of the heads open each day. It was like that when I bought it too.

7. timnem70

timnem70 Amphipod

That tank is really to new ti host corals. Didnt you jist put a "raw shrimp" in there last week? Slow yer roll. Let the tank mature a little. Those fish to start making waste. Is it cycled yet? Parameters such as Mag. And Alk. Unopened zoas could be a lot of things but this one seems easy. That tank will be a good one. Juat take your time. Know it sucks to see nada in an aquarium but its worse taking dead stuff out and throwing money at livestock that has not much chance of sustainability. Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Cherub and Crowther like this.
  8. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

Some say to start with coral before fish. It cycled prior to adding them. Mg is at 1050 (pretty low) and Alk is at 3.19 (a tad high, but okay). I moved the zoa up closer to the light to see if it likes it better up there. Got a little diatom bloom, but the shrimp and conch are going to town on it. Dosing a bunch of Mg slowly for the next week.

9. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Everybody's happy now.

10. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

Dude, you're never going to breed with that Bonsai.[​IMG]

11. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

It's so much easier to procrastinate while working from home now.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

looking good, how do you like the tank?

13. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

I really like it. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the 350 deluxe. But, all in all, I'm pretty happy how things have turned out. A few more sticks and maybe I can just sit back and watch the magic unfold.

14. Cherub

very cool. I went with Red Sea as well. I love it so far but only on my third week lol

15. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

Still in the initial cycle?

16. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Remind me what the differences are between the two?

17. Cherub

yeppers! brown stage currently. no pics this week lol

18. Crowther

Crowther Copepod

The 350 is bigger, but the difference between the E series and the deluxe series is that the E series are initially setup for rear sump and then you have the option of upgrading to the in-cabinet sump. I did that and ended up with extra parts.