DIY modular led with arduino controller

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
One of them is. One of them is not. I think the wife might of tossed them though cuz I can't find them.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Those are cool little drivers....now if I just had a reflow station :D
Looks like they'll easily drive six CREEs

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The problem is they are similar to the buckpucks in that you need an external power supply for each one. I think I will end up going with the meanwell LPF version. They allow for dimming by all conventional methods and come in a 90W form, giving a greater number of LEDs than the ELN. They also have PFC functionality which means you won't run into the same issues of blowing up your house as the ELN if you try and run more than 8 of them.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Metalsniper;141605 said:
The problem is they are similar to the buckpucks in that you need an external power supply for each one.
This is an easy issue to get around. You can easily get a power supply that is capable of powering multiple drivers. I have only 3 power supplies running 13 buckpucks on one of my builds. One for moonlights, one for actinic, and one for daylight. This way I can set everything up on timers and not have 13 seperate power supplies. That is 72 3W LED's on 2 power supplies.

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would need a power supply small enough to fit in the build for what I have planned though and the only ones I've found in that size cost in the hundreds range.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Yes. I got a switching power supply from them once. As far as Mean Wells, it doesn't matter who you get them from. They're made by a single manufacturer.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you have to run two different power supplys for those drivers that you posted links for?
5VDC and 24VDC?