1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Do you dip?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by TheRealChrisBrown, Mar 21, 2016.

1. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

No no, to much sun for you lady! I'm saying INSPECT FRAG FOR PESTS - VISUAL INSPECTION IS KEY!!!!!!!!!!

:Lostit:

2. Texco

Texco Copepod

Healthy frag from tanks I know and trust= RX and flatworm exit dips, salt water dip, tank

All others= rx dips, observe in QT, rx dip, saltwater dip, tank

Nothing like tearing down a tank and learning the hard way to convince you

3. Sctip

Sctip Sardine M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

We dip everything. We use a three dip method. Again like it's already been stated without qt dilping can't get everything. I don't have room for qt tank for both fish and coral.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Legonch likes this.
  4. aquarius

aquarius Copepod

I use to just dip and that bit me so now I quarantine everything. I've found numerous things get through initial dipping including spiders, red bugs, black bugs, predatory crabs, aefw and Monti eating nudibranchs. All of those made it through Bayer/Coral Rx so now I still use those but I invested in quarantine tank just for new corals. Call me paranoid but I also quarantine everything else I get for 3 months as well, snails, crabs, algae you name it it all goes through.